Dr. Hoa Vo is a licensed clinical psychologist. She completed her doctoral training in 2008, completed her internship at the Veteran Affairs hospital in Honolulu, HI in 2009 and postdoctoral training within the University of Texas system and Fogarty Fellowship in Vietnam in 2012. In 2012, she became the lead researcher and principle investigator on projects focusing on pharmaceutical, technological, and psychosocial interventions for substance use disorders at the Maryland Treatment Centers where she was also a training director and direct-care provider. She has published and lectured on the areas of predictors, gender factors, and psychosocial interventions for substance use and co-occurring disorders in youths and adults. Dr. Vo is currently assistant professor of psychiatry at UT Southwestern hoping to apply her research and teaching experiences to treating patients and training prospective providers.
- Gender differences in substance use
- Memory and substance use
- Opioid Use Disorders Treatment
- Predictors of treatment outcomes
- Working memory training and high magnitude incentives for youth cannabis use: A SMART pilot trial.
- Stanger C, Scherer EA, Vo HT, Babbin SF, Knapp AA, McKay JR, Budney AJ, Psychol Addict Behav 2019 Jun
- A Motion-Activated Video Game for Prevention of Substance Use Disorder Relapse in Youth: Pilot Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Abroms LC, Fishman M, Vo H, Chiang SC, Somerville V, Rakhmanov L, Ruggiero M, Greenberg D, JMIR Serious Games 2019 May 7 2 e11716
- Home-based delivery of XR-NTX in youth with opioid addiction.
- Vo HT, Burgower R, Rozenberg I, Fishman M J Subst Abuse Treat 2018 Feb 85 84-89
- Intranasal Naloxone and Related Strategies for Opioid Overdose Intervention by Non-medical Personnel: A Review. J Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation.
- Lewis, C., Vo, H.T., Fishman, M. J Substance Abuse and Rehabilitation 2017 8 79-95
- Trait Mindfulness Influencing Progression to Injection Use in Youth with Opioid Addiction. Journal of Adol Health
- Wilson, J.D., Vo, H.T., Matson, P., Hoover, A. Barnett, G., Fishman, M . Journal of Adol Health 2016
- Working Memory Training for Adolescents With Cannabis Use Disorders: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Sweeney MM, Rass O, DiClemente C, Schacht RL, Vo HT, Fishman MJ, Leoutsakos JS, Mintzer MZ, Johnson MW J Child Adolesc Subst Abuse 2018 27 4 211-226
- Initial feasibility and validity of a prospective memory training program in a substance use treatment population.
- Sweeney MM, Rass O, Johnson PS, Strain EC, Berry MS, Vo HT, Fishman MJ, Munro CA, Rebok GW, Mintzer MZ, Johnson MW Exp Clin Psychopharmacol 2016 10 24 5 390-399
- Relapse prevention medications in community treatment for young adults with opioid addiction.
- Vo HT, Robbins E, Westwood M, Lezama D, Fishman M Subst Abus 2016 Jul-Sep 37 3 392-397
- Working memory impairment in cannabis- and opioid-dependent adolescents.
- Vo HT, Schacht R, Mintzer M, Fishman M Subst Abus 2014 35 4 387-90
Honors & Awards
- Fogarty Global International Clinical Research Fellowship
- Samuel M. Turner Scientist Practitioner Award
University of Maryland (2008-2008)
- National Research Service Award (NRSA)
- Intramural Research Training Award
Postbac IRTA (2003-2004)
- Dallas Psychological Association (2019)
- Texas Psychological Association (2019)
- American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM) (2014-2017)