Though originally from North Carolina, Dr. Welsh grew up mostly in Georgia and received his BS in Chemistry at the University of Georgia. He earned his medical degree at the Medical College of Georgia as a J. Harold Harrison MD Scholar. During this time, he was also inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha (AΩA) Medical Honor Society. Dr. Welsh moved to Texas to complete his residency training in Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern. When not treating patients, Dr. Welsh enjoys making and listening to music. He also enjoys exploring the culinary offerings of DFW and will admit that he prefers Texas BBQ to North Carolina.
- UT Southwestern Medical Center 2018
- Medical School
- Medical College of Georgia at Augusta University (2018)
- Care Delivery with focus on Evidence-based Medicine
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Pain in Older Adults: A Clinical Review.
- Welsh TP, Yang AE, Makris UE, Med Clin North Am 2020 Sep 104 5 855-872
- I86A/C295A mutant secondary alcohol dehydrogenase from Thermoanaerobacter ethanolicus has broadened substrate specificity for aryl ketones.
- Nealon CM, Welsh TP, Kim CS, Phillips RS, Arch Biochem Biophys 2016 09 606 151-6
Honors & Awards
- American Board of Internal Medicine Southeastern Regional Medical Jeopardy Champions
- American College of Physicians, North Texas Regional Medical Jeopardy Champions
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Dean's Clinical Honor Society
Medical College of Georgia (2017)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Student Service Leadership Project Award
Medical College of Georgia (2015)
- Dean's Summer Research Scholar
Medical College of Georgia (2015-2017)