- Medical School
- HeBei Medical School (1982)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2001), Internal Medicine
- Allegheny General Hospital (2005), Pathology
- Baylor Medical Center (2007), Pathology
- Hahnemann University Hospital (2008), Cytopathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Heart and Lung Transplant Pathology
- Response to Crizotinib/Erlotinib Combination in a Patient with a Primary EGFR-Mutant Adenocarcinoma and a Primary c-met-Amplified Adenocarcinoma of the Lung.
- Dietrich MF, Yan SX, Schiller JH J Thorac Oncol 2015 May 10 5 e23-5
- Solid pseudopapillary neoplasm collides with a well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasm in an adult man: case report and review of histogenesis.
- Yan SX, Adair CF, Balani J, Mansour JC, Gokaslan ST Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2015 Feb 143 2 283-7
- Recognizing the Limitations and Pitfalls of Cytology for Anaplastic Carcinoma within Hurthle Cell (Oncocytic) Carcinomas.
- Timothy E. Richardson, Shirley Yan, and Elizabeth M. Kurian. Journal of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology 2015 2 1-5
- A Rare Case of De novo C634G Germline Mutation of the RET Proto-Oncogene in a Patient with MEN 2A Syndrome with Aggressive Pheochromocytoma
- Laurentiu M. Pop, Shirley X. Yan, Ildiko Lingvay Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012 4-5 2 198-204
- Clonal composition of neuroantigen-specific CD8+ and CD4+ T-cells in multiple sclerosis.
- Biegler BW, Yan SX, Ortega SB, Tennakoon DK, Racke MK, Karandikar NJ J. Neuroimmunol. 2011 May 234 1-2 131-40
- Glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy induces a focused, oligoclonal CD8+ T-cell repertoire in multiple sclerosis.
- Biegler BW, Yan SX, Ortega SB, Tennakoon DK, Racke MK, Karandikar NJ J. Neuroimmunol. 2006 Nov 180 1-2 159-71
- Enhanced alveolar growth and remodeling in Guinea pigs raised at high altitude.
- Hsia CC, Carbayo JJ, Yan X, Bellotto DJ Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2005 May 147 1 105-15
- High prevalence of autoreactive, neuroantigen-specific CD8+ T cells in multiple sclerosis revealed by novel flow cytometric assay.
- Crawford MP, Yan SX, Ortega SB, Mehta RS, Hewitt RE, Price DA, Stastny P, Douek DC, Koup RA, Racke MK, Karandikar NJ Blood 2004 Jun 103 11 4222-31
- Retinoic acid-induced alveolar cellular growth does not improve function after right pneumonectomy. PubMed PMID: 14617528.
- Merrill D. Dane, Xiao Yan, Rahul M. Tamhane, Robert L. Johnson Jr., Aaron S. Estrera, Deborah C. Hogg, Richard T. Hogg, and Connie C. W. Hsia J Appl Physiol. 2004 Mar; 9(3) Epub 2003 Sep 23 1090-1096
- Retinoic acid induces nonuniform alveolar septal growth after right pneumonectomy. PubMed PMID: 14506099.
- Xiao Yan, Dennis J. Bellotto, David J. Foster, Robert L. Johnson, Jr., Herbert K. Hagler, Aaron S. Estrera, and Connie C. W. Hsia J Appl Physiol. 2004 Mar;96(3). Epub 2003 Nov 14 1080-1089