- Medical School
- HeBei Medical School (1982)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2001), Internal Medicine
- Allegheny General Hospital (2005), Pathology
- Baylor Medical Center (2007), Pathology
- Hahnemann University Hospital (2008), Cytopathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Head and Neck Pathology
- Heart and Lung Transplant Pathology
- Glucocorticoid-responsive lymphocytic parathyroiditis and hypocalciuric hypercalcemia due to autoantibodies against the calcium-sensing receptor: a case report and literature review.
- Song L, Liu L, Miller RT, Yan SX, Jackson N, Holt SA, Maalouf NM Eur. J. Endocrinol. 2017 Jul 177 1 K1-K6
- Downregulation of autophagy is associated with severe ischemia-reperfusion-induced acute kidney injury in overexpressing C-reactive protein mice.
- Bian A, Shi M, Flores B, Gillings N, Li P, Yan SX, Levine B, Xing C, Hu MC PLoS ONE 2017 12 9 e0181848
- aKlotho Mitigates Progression of AKI to CKD through Activation of Autophagy.
- Shi M, Flores B, Gillings N, Bian A, Cho HJ, Yan S, Liu Y, Levine B, Moe OW, Hu MC J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 2015 Dec
- Response to Crizotinib/Erlotinib Combination in a Patient with a Primary EGFR-Mutant Adenocarcinoma and a Primary c-met-Amplified Adenocarcinoma of the Lung.
- Dietrich MF, Yan SX, Schiller JH J Thorac Oncol 2015 May 10 5 e23-5
- Solid pseudopapillary neoplasm collides with a well-differentiated pancreatic endocrine neoplasm in an adult man: case report and review of histogenesis.
- Yan SX, Adair CF, Balani J, Mansour JC, Gokaslan ST Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2015 Feb 143 2 283-7
- Recognizing the Limitations and Pitfalls of Cytology for Anaplastic Carcinoma within Hurthle Cell (Oncocytic) Carcinomas.
- Timothy E. Richardson, Shirley Yan, and Elizabeth M. Kurian. Journal of Clinical and Anatomic Pathology 2015 2 1-5
- A Rare Case of De novo C634G Germline Mutation of the RET Proto-Oncogene in a Patient with MEN 2A Syndrome with Aggressive Pheochromocytoma
- Laurentiu M. Pop, Shirley X. Yan, Ildiko Lingvay Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism 2012 4-5 2 198-204
- Clonal composition of neuroantigen-specific CD8+ and CD4+ T-cells in multiple sclerosis.
- Biegler BW, Yan SX, Ortega SB, Tennakoon DK, Racke MK, Karandikar NJ J. Neuroimmunol. 2011 May 234 1-2 131-40
- Glatiramer acetate (GA) therapy induces a focused, oligoclonal CD8+ T-cell repertoire in multiple sclerosis.
- Biegler BW, Yan SX, Ortega SB, Tennakoon DK, Racke MK, Karandikar NJ J. Neuroimmunol. 2006 Nov 180 1-2 159-71
- Enhanced alveolar growth and remodeling in Guinea pigs raised at high altitude.
- Hsia CC, Carbayo JJ, Yan X, Bellotto DJ Respir Physiol Neurobiol 2005 May 147 1 105-15
Chapter 9: High-Risk and Poorly Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. In Management of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer
Shirley Yan, Shelby Holt, Saad Khan, and Fiemu Nwariaku. (2017). Springer International Publishing