Ksenya Shliakhtsitsava, M.D. MAS, is a UT Southwestern physician wiht the Cancer and Blood Disorder Program at Childlren's Heallth. Dr. Ksenya earned her medical degree at the Belarusian State Medical University in Minsk, Belarus, in 2006 and after completioon the residency in her home country she relocated to the United States. She then completed her residency in General Pediatrics at the University of California, San Francisco-Fresno in 2014 followed by the Pediatric Hematology/Oncology fellowship training at the University of California, San Diego in 2017. Additionally, in 2018, Dr. Ksenya completed master's program in cllinical research at the University of California, San Diego. Dr. Ksenya is a full member of the Children's Oncology Group and taking care of patients with cancer and passionate about fertility preservation and survivorship care. She is interested in studying late effects in pediatric cancer survivors, educating patients and famlies and helping patients with cancer to navigate through treatment and survivors to adjust to life after cancer treatment.
- Medical School
- Belarusian State Medical University, Belarus (2006)
- University of California San Francisco - Fresno (2014), Pediatrics
- University of California, San Diego (2017), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Other Post Graduate Training
- University of California, San Diego (2018)
- Graduate School
- University of California, San Diego (2018), Clinical Research
- Cancer survivorship
- Fertility preservation
- Leukemia and lymphoma
- Long term late effects among childhood cancer survivors
- Reproductive health among patient with cancer and cancer survivors
- Improving vitamin D testing and supplementation in children with newly diagnosed cancer: A quality improvement initiative at Rady Children's Hospital San Diego.
- Shliakhtsitsava K, Fisher ES, Trovillion EM, Bush K, Kuo DJ, Newfield RS, Thornburg CD, Roberts W, Aristizabal P, Pediatr Blood Cancer 2021 Jul e29217
- Mental Health Outcomes in Adolescent and Young Adult Female Cancer Survivors of a Sexual Minority.
- Desai MJ, Gold RS, Jones CK, Din H, Dietz AC, Shliakhtsitsava K, Martinez ME, Vaida F, Su HI, J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol 2021 Apr 10 2 148-155
- Beyond Premature Ovarian Insufficiency: Staging Reproductive Aging in Adolescent and Young Adult Cancer Survivors.
- Medica ACO, Whitcomb BW, Shliakhsitsava K, Dietz AC, Pinson K, Lam C, Romero SAD, Sluss P, Sammel MD, Su HI, J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2021 Jan 106 2 e1002-e1013
- Fertility counseling before cancer treatment and subsequent reproductive concerns among female adolescent and young adult cancer survivors.
- Young K, Shliakhtsitsava K, Natarajan L, Myers E, Dietz AC, Gorman JR, Martinez ME, Whitcomb BW, Su HI Cancer 2018 Nov
- Hematologic Manifestations of Nutritional Deficiencies: Early Recognition is Essential to Prevent Serious Complications.
- Yu JC, Shliakhtsitsava K, Wang YM, Paul M, Farnaes L, Wong V, Kim J, Thornburg CD J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2018 Oct
- Pregnancy and child health outcomes in pediatric and young adult leukemia and lymphoma survivors: a systematic review.
- Shliakhtsitsava K, Romero SAD, Dewald SR, Su HI Leuk. Lymphoma 2018 02 59 2 381-397
- Age and Cancer Treatment Are Related to Receiving Treatment Summaries and Survivorship Care Plans in Female Young Adult Cancer Survivors.
- Shliakhtsitsava K, Romero SAD, Whitcomb BW, Gorman JR, Roberts S, Su HI J Adolesc Young Adult Oncol 2017 Dec 6 4 573-578
- Best Practices in Counseling Young Female Cancer Survivors on Reproductive Health.
- Shliakhtsitsava K, Suresh D, Hadnott T, Su HI Semin. Reprod. Med. 2017 07 35 4 378-389
- Experience of Mothers Who Exclusively Breastfed Until 6 months of age in the Central Valley, CA.
- Patel K, Evans AE, Shliakhtsitsava K. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2014 1 62 225
- Breaking Through to at risk youth: Reflections of Pediatric Residents Mentoring Girls at an Urban High School in Fresno, CA.
- Shliakhtsitsava K, Azimi A, Farrell A, Kretzmer R, Kinman R. Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2014 62 1 271
Fertility Preservation in a Premenarchal Girl. In Textbook of Oncofertility Research and Practice
Shliakhtsitsava K, Webb Fox C, Su HI (2019).
Honors & Awards
- Dedman Family Scholar in Clinical Care
- INQUIRY Resident and Fellow Best in Class Award for Quality Improvement Project
Rady Children's Hospital - San Diego (2017)
- Merit Scholarship Award, Master of Advanced Studies in Clinical Research
University of California, San Diego (2017)
- Clinical Research Training Institute Career-Enhancement Award
American Society of Hematology (2016)
- Amereican Academy of Pediatrics (2010)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2014)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2015)
- American Society of Hematology (2014)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (2014)
- Belarusian Association of General Practitioners (2006)
- European Hematology Association (2015)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (2016)