Brooke Mills, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Rheumatic Diseases Division. She specializes in rheumatology.
Dr. Mills holds a bachelor's degree in anthropology and human biology from Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia. She earned her medical degree at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center in Lubbock, and completed internal medicine residency training at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas. She then received advanced training in rheumatology through a fellowship program at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020.
Dr. Mills’ research focuses on pregnancy and rheumatic diseases. She also has expertise in musculoskeletal ultrasound for the diagnosis and treatment of rheumatic diseases and incorporates this technique in her clinical practice.
She is a member of the American College of Rheumatology and the Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists.
During her free time, she enjoys cooking, running, hiking, and spending time with her family.
- Medical School
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine (2015)
- Baylor University Medical Center (2018), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Rheumatology
- Polyarteritis Nodosa and Eosinophilic Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis Presenting as Distal Extremity Muscular Edema and Pain.
- Kim JW, Mills B, Rashid H, Solow EB, J Clin Rheumatol 2020 Jul
- Isolated adrenocorticotrophic hormone deficiency in a patient treated with checkpoint inhibitor therapy.
- Ramani A, Maloney T, Mills B, Mazharuddin S, Mennel RG, Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2020 Apr 33 2 251-253
- Perceptions of Pregnancy and Lactation from the Pregnancy and Lactation Autoimmune Network Registry.
- Mills BS, Dao KH, Tecson KM, Beil EF, Tate R, Cush JJ, J. Rheumatol. 2019 Apr
- Acute myocardial infarction triggered by use of synthetic cannabis.
- Mills B, Dishner E, Velasco CE, Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2018 Apr 31 2 200-202
- Synthetic Cannabinoids.
- Mills B, Yepes A, Nugent K, Am. J. Med. Sci. 2015 Jul 350 1 59-62
- Herpes Simplex Pneumonia in an Immunocompetent Patient With Progression to Organizing Pneumonia.
- Mills B, Ratra A, El-Bakush A, Kambali S, Nugent K, J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2014 Apr-Jun 2 2 2324709614530560
- American College of Rheumatology
- Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists