- Medical School
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (2012)
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (2015), Pediatrics
- Medical College of Wisconsin (2018), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- Bleeding and Clotting Disorders
- Von Willebrand Disease
- Real-world case series and summary of current literature of infants and toddlers with severe hemophilia A with inhibitor on prophylaxis with emicizumab.
- Garcia J, Zia A, Pediatr Blood Cancer 2021 May 68 5 e28942
- COVID-19 in a Pediatric Patient: Novel Presentation of Cardiac Failure resulting in Chylous Ascites and Abdominal Pain.
- Phen C, Woolley J, Kelley S, Garcia J, Baez Hernandez N, Aqul A, JPGN Rep 2021 May 2 2 e068
- A rat model of severe VWD by elimination of the VWF gene using CRISPR/Cas9.
- Garcia J, Flood VH, Haberichter SL, Fahs SA, Mattson JG, Geurts AM, Zogg M, Weiler H, Shi Q, Montgomery RR, Res Pract Thromb Haemost 2020 Jan 4 1 64-71
- The role of genetics in the pathogenesis and diagnosis of type 1 Von Willebrand disease.
- Flood VH, Garcia J, Haberichter SL, Curr Opin Hematol 2019 09 26 5 331-335
- 17-Year-Old Boy with Renal Failure and the Highest Reported Creatinine in Pediatric Literature.
- Master Sankar Raj V, Garcia J, Gordillo R Case Rep Pediatr 2015 2015 703960
Honors & Awards
- Travel Award - HTRS Research Colloquium
- Research & Quality Award - Medical College of Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, Inc
- Young Investigator Travel Award - Thrombosis & Hemostasis Societies of North America
- National Institute of Health (NIH) Pediatric Loan Repayment Program
- National Hemophilia Foundation-Shire Clinical Fellowship Award
- Excellence in Pediatric Ambulatory Care
Pediatric Dept. Resident Award, University of Illinois at Peoria/Childrens Hospital of Illinois (2015)
- Excellence in Pediatric Research Award, First Place in Content and Presentation of Pediatric Research Project
Pediatric Dept. Resident Award, University of ILllinois at Peoria/Childrens Hospital of Illinois (2015)
- OSF Healthcare 2015 Annual Research Symposium, First Place in Platform Presentation of Pediatric Research Project
- OSF Healthcare 2015 Annual Research Symposium, Second Place in Poster Presentation of Pediatric Research Project
- Outstanding Patient Advocate Award
University of IL at Peoria/Childrens Hospital of Illinois
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2015)
- American Boards of Pediatrics (2015)
- American Society of Hematology (2015)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology (2015)
- Childrens Oncology Group (2015)