Originally from China, Dr. Wu earned his medical degree and a master's degree in toxicology at China Medical University. He earned his doctorate in biochemistry at Kagawa Medical School in Japan. He completed postdoctoral fellowships in biochemistry and internal medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
Dr. Wu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2008.
- Medical School
- China Medical University - Chi (1984)
- Graduate School
- Kagawa Medical School - ? (1995)
- Cell signal transduction
- HIV Tat and Endothelial Cell Dysfunction
- Oxidant signaling pathways
- Porcine FAD-containing monooxygenase metabolizes lidocaine, bupivacaine and propranolol in vitro
- Wu, R.F.,(Corresponding author) Liao, C.X., Tomita, S., Ichikawa, Y., Terada, L.S. Life Sci July 2004 75(8) 1011-9
- Human immunodeficiciency virus type 1 Tat regulates endothelial cell actin cytoskeletal dynamics through PAK1 activation and oxidant production
- Wu, R.F., Y. Gu, Y.C. Xu, S. Mitola, F. Bussolino, and L.S. Terada J. Virol. January 2004 78:(2) 779-789
- Identification of Translin/Trax complex as a glucose response element binding protein in liver
- Wu, R.F.,(Corresponding author)Osatomi, K., Trerada, L.S., Uyeda, K Biochim Biophys Acta December 2003 1624(1-3) 29-35
- VEGF causes translocation of p47phox to membrane ruffles through WAVE1
- Wu, R.F., Y. Gu, Y.C. Xu, F.E. Nwariaku, and L.S. Terada. J. Biol. Chem. September 2003 278 (38) 36830-36840
- Mutations in the charged residues of the amino terminus of rat liver fructose 6-phosphate,2-kinase: Fructose 2,6-bisphosphatase: Effects on regulation
- Wu RF, Uyeda K ARCHIVES OF BIOCHEMISTRY AND BIOPHYSICS November 1999 371 (1): 15-23
- Nox4-derived H2O2 mediates endoplasmic reticulum signaling through local Ras activation
- Wu RF, Ma Z and Terada LS Mol Cell Biol July 2010 14 (30) 3553-3568
- Ras and Nox: linked signaling networks?
- Wu RF and Terada LS Free Radical Biology & Medicine November 2009 47 (9) 1278-81
- HIV1 Tat activates dual Nox pathways leading to independent activation of ERK and JNK MAP kinases.
- Wu RF, Ma Z, Myers DP, et al. JOURNAL OF BIOLOGICAL CHEMISTRY December 2007 282 (52) 37412-37419
- Oxidative modification of protein tyrosine phosphatases.
- Wu, R.F., and Terada, L.S., Sci STKE April 2006 2006 (332) P12
- Subcellular targeting of oxidants during endothelial cell migration
- Wu, R.F., Y.C. Xu, Z. Ma, F.E. Nwariaku, G.A, Sarosi, and L.S. Terada J. Cell Biol December 2005 171(5) 893-904
Honors & Awards
- Scholar in Scientific Research
ministry of education, science and culture, Japan (1991)