Ari Cedars, M.D., is a faculty member in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in the care of adults with congenital heart disease. Dr. Cedars earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston. He completed a residency in internal medicine at the University of Michigan Medical School and received advanced training in cardiology and adult congenital heart disease through fellowships at Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in internal medicine, cardiology, and adult congenital heart disease, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018. Dr. Cedars is an administrative board member for the Alliance for Adult Research in Congenital Cardiology and head of the adult congenital heart disease research interest group for the National Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Network. In addition, he’s section leader of the adult congenital heart disease and pediatric cardiology section for the Texas chapter of the American College of Cardiology. Dr. Cedars has published several academic articles and won multiple awards for excellence in teaching.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center McGovern Medical School (2001)
- University of Michigan School of Medicine (2004), Internal Medicine
- Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis (2010), Cardiology
- Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis (2011), Adults W/congenital Heart Disease
- Adult Congenital Heart Disease Patient-Reported Outcome Tool
- The MyHeartApp Mobile patient reported outcome and biometric tool
- The Prognosis of Congenital Heart Disease and Genetic Disorders
- Contributors to disease-specific health knowledge in adults with congenital heart disease: A correlational study.
- Saef J, Sodhi S, Tecson KM, Al Rashida V, Mi Ko J, White KS, Ludbrook PA, Cedars AM Congenit Heart Dis 2018 Sep
- Characteristics of hospital admissions associated with implantable cardioverter defibrillator placement among adults with congenital heart disease.
- Baskar S, Veldtman GR, Khoury PR, Opotowsky AR, Cedars AM Int. J. Cardiol. 2018 Jul
- Physical Activity-Related Drivers of Perceived Health Status in Adults With Congenital Heart Disease.
- Ko JM, White KS, Kovacs AH, Tecson KM, Apers S, Luyckx K, Thomet C, Budts W, Enomoto J, Sluman MA, Wang JK, Jackson JL, Khairy P, Cook SC, Subramanyan R, Alday L, Eriksen K, Dellborg M, Berghammer M, Johansson B, Mackie AS, Menahem S, Caruana M, Veldtman G, Soufi A, Fernandes SM, Callus E, Kutty S, Gandhi A, Moons P, Cedars AM Am. J. Cardiol. 2018 Jul
- An Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support (INTERMACS) analysis of hospitalization, functional status, and mortality after mechanical circulatory support in adults with congenital heart disease.
- Cedars A, Vanderpluym C, Koehl D, Cantor R, Kutty S, Kirklin JK J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2018 May 37 5 619-630
- Clinical and Psychological Drivers of Perceived Health Status in Adults With Congenital Heart Disease.
- Ko JM, Tecson KM, Rashida VA, Sodhi S, Saef J, Mufti M, White KS, Ludbrook PA, Cedars AM Am. J. Cardiol. 2018 Feb 121 3 377-381
- Coronary artery fistula between the left anterior descending artery and pulmonary artery.
- Al-Douri A, Cedars A, Tran D Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2018 Jan 31 1 64-66
- Outcomes following implantation of mechanical circulatory support in adults with congenital heart disease: An analysis of the Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support (INTERMACS).
- VanderPluym CJ, Cedars A, Eghtesady P, Maxwell BG, Gelow JM, Burchill LJ, Maltais S, Koehl DA, Cantor RS, Blume ED J. Heart Lung Transplant. 2018 Jan 37 1 89-99
- ? generates hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acids opening the mitochondrial permeability transition pore.
- Moon SH, Liu X, Cedars AM, Yang K, Kiebish MA, Joseph SM, Kelley J, Jenkins CM, Gross RW J. Biol. Chem. 2018 Jan 293 1 115-129
- Effects of eplerenone on markers of myocardial fibrosis, 6-minute walk distance, and quality of life in adults with tetralogy of Fallot and complete transposition of the great arteries.
- Sodhi SS, Zhang TJ, McDonald R, Al Rashida V, Kondapalli N, Barger P, Ludbrook P, Cedars AM Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2018 Jan 31 1 12-19
- Comparison of Efficacy and Safety of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation in Patients With Bicuspid Versus Tricuspid Aortic Valves.
- Sannino A, Cedars A, Stoler RC, Szerlip M, Mack MJ, Grayburn PA Am. J. Cardiol. 2017 Nov 120 9 1601-1606
Honors & Awards
- Benico Barzilai Award for Excellence in Teaching
Washington University, St. Louis (2015)
- Craig Reiss Award for Excellence in Teaching
Washington University, St. Louis (2013)
- American Heart Association Post-doctoral Fellowship Grant Award
American Heart Association (2008)
- Texas Exes Scholar
University of Texas, Houston (2001)
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
University of Texas at Austin Chapter (1997)
- Adult Congenital Heart Association (2015)
- Alliance for Adult Reserach in Congenital Cardiology (2015)