Dr. Gagan grew up in Connecticut, and did both his undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of Virginia. He trained in clinical pathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where he also completed fellowships in Molecular and Genetic Pathology. He joined the faculty as an Assistant Professor at UTSW in 2018. He is the Medical Director of the Next Generation Sequencing Lab within the Once Upon A Time Human Genomics Center. His interests are centered around molecular characterization of tumors, and integrative analysis of molecular data. He has served on the Training and Education Committee of the Association for Molecular Pathology.
Dr. Gagan is board certified in Clinical Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology.
- Medical School
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (2014)
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2017), Pathology
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2018), Molecular Genetics
- Cell Free DNA (cfDNA) testing using ddPCR and NGS
- NGS Clinical Informatics
- Association for Molecular Pathology (2016)