Dr. Gagan grew up in Connecticut, and did both his undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of Virginia. He trained in clinical pathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston, where he also completed fellowships in Molecular and Genetic Pathology. He joined the faculty as an Assistant Professor at UTSW in July 2018. He is the Associate Medical Director of the Next Generation Sequencing Lab. His clinical and investigational interests center around making Molecular Pathology data more accessible by utilizing informatics and modern front end design principles. He is also interested in developing clinical cell-free DNA assays and applying machine learning to diagnostics. He has served on the Training and Education Committee of the Association for Molecular Pathology.
Dr. Gagan is board certified in Clinical Pathology and Molecular Genetic Pathology.
- Medical School
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (2014)
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2017), Pathology
- Harvard Medical School/Brigham & Women's Hospital (2018), Molecular Genetics
- Cell Free DNA (cfDNA) testing using ddPCR and NGS
- NGS Clinical Informatics
- Association for Molecular Pathology (2016)