Sheena Pimpalwar, M.B.B.S., is Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Pediatric Radiology Division.
Originally from India, she received her medical education from Seth Gordhandas Sunderdas Medical College in Mumbai. She then obtained radiology residency training at King Edward Memorial Hospital. Dr. Pimpalwar’s advanced training included pediatric radiology research at the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research; a fellowship program in interventional radiology at Freeman Hospital in Newcastle upon Tyne, England; additional diagnostic radiology residency training at University Hospitals of North Staffordshire; and a fellowship program in pediatric interventional radiology at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia.
She is certified by the American Board of Radiology in diagnostic radiology.
Before joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018, Dr. Pimpalwar served as Associate Professor of Interventional Radiology at University Hospital of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri, and as Assistant Professor of Interventional Radiology at Baylor College of Medicine in Houston.
Dr. Pimpalwar’s research interests have led to 27 articles in peer-reviewed publications, as well as more than 70 conference abstracts, posters and oral presentations. She has also presented her findings at professional meetings throughout the United States and around the world.
She is an active member of the Society of Interventional Radiology, Society of Pediatric Radiology, Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology, and the Royal College of Radiologists.
- Medical School
- Seth G. S. Medical College, India (1994)
- King Edward Memorial Hospital, India (1995), Radiology
- King Edward Memorial Hospital, India (1997), Diagnostic Radiology
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, India (1999), Pediatric Radiology Research
- Freeman Hospital, England (2002), Interventional Radiology
- University Hospitals of North Staffordshire, UK (2005), Diagnostic Radiology
- Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (2007), Pediatric Interventional Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Case Competition Second Prize
Society of Interventional Radiology (2014)
- John Caffey Award for Best Case Report
Society of Pediatric Radiology (2013)
- Medtronic AVE Award for Best Paper Presentation
British Society of Interventional Radiology (2002)
- Royal College of Radiologists (UK)
- Society of Interventional Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Interventional Radiology
- Society of Pediatric Radiology