Dr. Ellen Wilson is a member of the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility at UT Southwestern and Director of the Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship. She is also Medical Director of the Pediatric-Adolescent Gynecology Program at Children’s Health.
A board-certified reproductive endocrinologist, Dr. Wilson joined the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2001 following eight years in private practice. She is a specialist in menstrual disorders, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and surgical correction of congenital anomalies of the female reproductive tract. She is trained in minimally invasive surgical techniques including the use of the DaVinci Robot for procedures such as hysterectomy, myomectomy, and tubal reversal.
Dr. Wilson leads the team of obstetrician-gynecologists with specialized experience and training in the medical and surgical management of gynecologic conditions unique to the pediatric and adolescent population. She treats patients from infancy, through puberty, and into young adulthood and serves as a consultant for other physicians at UT Southwestern and in the community. Her goal is to provide the best care while preserving the future reproductive potential of her pediatric-adolescent gynecology patients.
Dr. Wilson received her medical degree from Baylor College of Medicine and spent a year as a medical missionary in Zaire, Africa, before finishing her residency in obstetrics and gynecology at George Washington University Hospital. After residency, she completed two fellowships – one in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at UT Southwestern and a second in minimally invasive surgery at Woman’s Hospital in Houston,Texas.
Dr. Wilson is a Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, the North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, and the Association of Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeons. She is fluent in English and French.
Dr. Wilson sees adult patients at the Fertility and Advanced Reproductive Medicine practice and the Lowe Foundation Center for Women’s Preventative Care, and pediatric-adolescent patients at Children’s Health Specialty Center, Dallas Campus.
To schedule a pediatric-adolescent gynecology appointment, please call Children’s at
Physicians, please call: 888-730-DOCS (3627).
- Medical School
- Baylor College of Medicine (1984)
- Good Shepherd Ambulatory Surgical Center (1985), Rotating
- George Washington University Hospital (1989), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1991), Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Obstetrical & Gynecological Associates (1992), Reproductive Surgeons
- Squamous Carcinoma of the Cervix in a 15 year old with Congenital HIV: A Case Report.
- Evans M, Lawson A, Jarin JD, Wilson EE, J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2020 Sep
- Therapy for anogenital verrucae in preadolescent children with topical and systemic treatment.
- Chamseddin BH, Agim NG, Jarin J, Wilson EE, Mir A, Pediatr Dermatol 2019 Jun
- Bilateral mucinous cystadenomas and massive edema of the ovaries in a virilized adolescent girl.
- Thomas RL, Carr BR, Ziadie MS, Wilson EE Obstet Gynecol 2012 Aug 120 2 Pt 2 473-6
- Assisted reproductive technologies and multiple gestations.
- Wilson EE Clin Perinatol 2005 Jun 32 2 315-28, v
- Pediatric gynecology: assessment strategies and common problems.
- Kass-Wolff JH, Wilson EE Semin. Reprod. Med. 2003 Nov 21 4 329-38
- The effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonists on adrenocorticotropin and cortisol secretion in adult premenopausal women.
- Wilson EE, Little BB, Byrd W, McGee E, Carr BR J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1993 Jan 76 1 162-4
- Laparoscopic removal of dysgenetic gonads containing a gonadoblastoma in a patient with Swyer syndrome.
- Wilson EE, Vuitch F, Carr BR Obstet Gynecol 1992 May 79 5 ( Pt 2) 842-4
- Effect of superovulation with human menopausal gonadotropins on growth hormone levels in women.
- Wilson EE, Word RA, Byrd W, Carr BR J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 1991 Sep 73 3 511-5
Honors & Awards
- Top Doctors - Reproductive Endocrinology; Gynecology
U. S. News and World Report (2013)
- D Best - Infertility; Obstetrics-Gynecology
D Magazine Best Doctors 2006, 2010, 2011 (2012)
- Fellows Teaching Award -
2006, 2009 (2009)
- Super Doctors in Texas 2005-2018
Reproductive Endocrinology; Obstetrics/Gynecology (2005-2018)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Resident Physician of the Year