Originally from San Diego, Dr. Bhatt holds a bachelor's degree in biology and South Asia studies from the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. She then earned a master's in medical sciences at the Boston University graduate Medical Sciences Program. Dr. Bhatt received her medical education and internal medicine residency training at the University of Illinois-Rockford. She completed advanced training through a gastroenterology fellowship at the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Phoenix.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, Dr. Bhatt joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018. Her clinical focus is at the Veterans Affairs North Texas Health Care System in Dallas as a gastroenterologist. She was previously the Director of Endoscopy.
Dr. Bhatt's areas of clinical and research interest include colon cancer screening and outcomes, process improvement, and medical education.
Outside of medicine, Dr. Bhatt enjoys traveling, reading, dancing, and learning to cook.
- Colon Cancer Screening & Prevention
- Health Literacy and Healthcare Disparities
- Medical Education
- Risk Factors for Colonic Neoplasms in a Younger Population
- Enteritis and Rapid-Onset Renal Dysfunction in a Previously Healthy Adult.
- Bhatt DB, Seetharam A Gastroenterology 2018 Feb 154 3 e1-e3
Honors & Awards
- Humanism in Medicine Award
Gold Humanism Honor Society (2012)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2014)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2015)