Dr. Bhatt grew up in San Diego, California and received her medical training at the University of Illinois College of Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. She was drawn to Gastroenterology as the perfect blend of clinical medicine, pathology, procedures, and preventative care. She completed Gastroenterology Fellowship at the University of Arizona College of Medicine in Phoenix in 2018. She brings a strong background in general gastroenterology, endoscopy, and hepatology to UTSW. Her areas of interest include colon cancer screening and outcomes, process improvement, and medical education. Currently, her clinical practice emphasizes patient-centered care for veterans at the Dallas Veterans Affairs Medical Center. In addition to medicine, Dr. Bhatt enjoys traveling, reading, dancing, and learning to cook.
- Colon Cancer Screening & Prevention
- Health Literacy and Healthcare Disparities
- Medical Education
- Risk Factors for Colonic Neoplasms in a Younger Population
- Enteritis and Rapid-Onset Renal Dysfunction in a Previously Healthy Adult.
- Bhatt DB, Seetharam A Gastroenterology 2018 Feb 154 3 e1-e3
Honors & Awards
- Humanism in Medicine Award
Gold Humanism Honor Society (2012)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2015)
- American Gastroenterological Association (2014)