Grace Liu, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Liu was born in upstate New York but grew up mostly in Texas. She went to medical school at UT San Antonio and completed her Internal medicine residency in West Virginia. During residency, she had an interest in Vancomycin nephrotoxicity and its removal through high-flux hemodialysis membranes. She not only presented a case report on the topic at the West Virginia state ACP conference but also at the National ACP conference. She also had an interest in COPD exacerbations and the effects of high versus low dose steroids in intubated patients. She particularly enjoyed her Pulmonary and Critical care rotations in residency. She brings to UT Southwestern a strong focus on patient-centered care. Her interests outside of medicine include reading, running, playing table tennis and badminton, and traveling the world.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center San Antonio (2013)
- West Virginia University School of Medicine (2016), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- The Mrs. Sakarba Vasanji Dedhia Foundation Award
Outstanding Resident Rotation in Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine (2015)
- First Place, Clinical Vignette Oral Competition
West Virginia ACP Conference (2014)
- Internal Medicine Resident of the Month
West Virginia University School of Medicine (2014)
- President's Council Endowed Scholarship for Academic Excellence
UT Health Science Center San Antonio (2009-2011)
- American College of Physicians (2012)
- American Medical Association (2012)
- American Medical Women's Association (2009)
- Asian Pacific American Medical Student Association (2009-2011)