Dimitrios Angelis, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Angelis is a graduate from the Medical School of the University of Athens, Greece. He completed his pediatric residency at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, NJ, and then obtained his training in Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine at St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children in Philadelphia, PA. He is board certified in Pediatrics and Neonatal-Perinatal Medicine.
- Medical School
- University of Athens School of Health Sciences, Greece (2003)
- Monmouth Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- St Christopher's Hospital for Children (2014), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Neonatal brain injury
- Neonatal adrenal findings: significance and diagnostic approach. Description of two cases.
- Angelis D, Mudduluru M, Joseph S, Ching C, Hughes A, Bennett R Clin Case Rep 2018 04 6 4 658-663
- Effects of Src kinase inhibition on expression of pro-caspase-2 after brain hypoxia in a piglet animal model.
- Angelis D, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M Neuroreport 2017 Aug 28 12 770-773
- Variability in Clinical Presentation of Neonatal Stroke: Report of Four Cases.
- Joseph S, Angelis D, Bennett R, Kola B, Hughes A Case Rep Neurol Med 2017 2017 5215686
- Effects of Src Kinase Inhibition on Expression of Protein Tyrosine Phosphatase 1B after Brain Hypoxia in a Piglet Animal Model.
- Angelis D, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M Mediators Inflamm. 2017 2017 2810295
- Multidisciplinary Approach to the Perinatal Care of Families Affected by Fetal Anomalies.
- Kodeih H, Maher J, Schlabritz-Lutsevich N, Angelis D, Kelly R, Hampton M. Obstetrics & Gynecology 2017 129 5 77S-78S
- Temporal Changes in Caspase-1 and Caspase-8 Activities Following Brain Hypoxia With and Without Src kinase Inhibition in a Piglet Animal Model.
- Angelis D, Fontánez Nieves TD, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M Neurochem. Res. 2015 Nov 40 11 2270-9
- Eikenella corrodens Sepsis with Cerebrospinal Fluid Pleocytosis in a Very Low Birth Weight Neonate.
- Sawyer C, Angelis D, Bennett R Case Rep Pediatr 2015 2015 686812
- Methimazole associated neutropenia in a preterm neonate treated for hyperthyroidism.
- Angelis D, Kubicky RA, Zubrow AB Case Rep Endocrinol 2015 2015 680191
- The role of SRC kinase in the caspase-1 pathway after hypoxia in the brain of newborn piglets.
- Angelis D, Fontánez-Nieves TD, Delivoria-Papadopoulos M Neurochem. Res. 2014 Nov 39 11 2118-26
- Randomized comparison of the effects of ASA plus clopidogrel versus ASA alone on early platelet activation in acute coronary syndromes with elevated high-sensitivity C-reactive protein and soluble CD40 ligand levels.
- Vavuranakis M, Latsios G, Aggelis D, Bosinakou I, Karambelas I, Tousoulis D, Toutouzas K, Stefanadis C Clin Ther 2006 Jun 28 6 860-71
Honors & Awards
- Deans Inpatient Medical Care Award and Outstanding Clinical Care Award
Texas Tech University (2017)
- Deans Teaching Award
Texas Tech University (2015)
- ESPR/PAS Travel Award
- The Angelo M. DiGeorge Teaching Award
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children (2014)
- AAP 83rd Perinatal and Developmental Medicine Symposium Travel Award
- Monmouth Medical Center Teaching Award
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Perinatal Section (2011)
- General Medical Council (London, UK) (2016-2017)
- Hellenic Medical Society (Athens, Greece) (2003)
- Society for Pediatric Research (2012)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2009-2011)
- Texas Pediatric Society (2014)