- Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2012)
- University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (2017), Orthopedic Surgery
- Washington University in St. Louis /Barnes-Jewish Hospital (2018), Hand & Upper Extremity
- Endoscopic Versus Open Carpal Tunnel Release: A Detailed Analysis Using Time-Driven Activity-Based Costing at an Academic Medical Center.
- Koehler DM, Balakrishnan R, Lawler EA, Shah AS J Hand Surg Am 2018 Jun
- Time-driven activity-based costing: Lessons from an application in healthcare.
- Balakrishnan R, Koehler DM, Shah AS. Accounting Horizons 2018 32 4 31-47
- Efficacy of Surgical-Site, Multimodal Drug Injection Following Operative Management of Femoral Fractures: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Koehler D, Marsh JL, Karam M, Fruehling C, Willey M J Bone Joint Surg Am 2017 Mar 99 6 512-519
- Obesity Increases Complexity of Distal Radius Fracture in Fall From Standing Height.
- Ebinger T, Koehler DM, Dolan LA, McDonald K, Shah AS J Orthop Trauma 2016 Aug 30 8 450-5
- Preinjury Aerobic Fitness Predicts Postoperative Outcome and Activity Level After Acetabular Fracture Fixation.
- Phruetthiphat OA, Koehler DM, Karam MD, Rungprai C, Gao Y, Marsh JL J Orthop Trauma 2016 Aug 30 8 e267-72
- The Role of Elevated Lactate as a Risk Factor for Pulmonary Morbidity After Early Fixation of Femoral Shaft Fractures.
- Richards JE, Matuszewski PE, Griffin SM, Koehler DM, Guillamondegui OD, O'Toole RV, Bosse MJ, Obremskey WT, Evans JM J Orthop Trauma 2016 Jun 30 6 312-8
- Postsurgical complications following distal radius volar plating in a diabetic population at short-term follow-up.
- Koehler DM, Gao Y, Guan JJ, Lawler EA, Adams BD, Shah AS Hand (N Y) 2015 Dec 10 4 670-7
- Surgical Coaching from Head-Mounted Video in the Training of Fluoroscopically Guided Articular Fracture Surgery.
- Karam MD, Thomas GW, Koehler DM, Westerlind BO, Lafferty PM, Ohrt GT, Marsh JL, Van Heest AE, Anderson DD J Bone Joint Surg Am 2015 Jun 97 12 1031-9
- Risk factors for 30-day postoperative complications and mortality following open reduction internal fixation of distal radius fractures.
- Schick CW, Koehler DM, Martin CT, Gao Y, Pugely AJ, Shah A, Adams BD J Hand Surg Am 2014 Dec 39 12 2373-80.e1
- Twenty-Year Experience with Rigid Intramedullary Nailing of Femoral Shaft Fractures in Skeletally Immature Patients.
- Crosby SN, Kim EJ, Koehler DM, Rohmiller MT, Mencio GA, Green NE, Lovejoy SA, Schoenecker JG, Martus JE J Bone Joint Surg Am 2014 Jul 96 13 1080-1089
Honors & Awards
- J. Albert Key Washington University Orthopaedic Society
- 6th Triennial Congress of the International Federation of Pediatric Orthopaedic Societies/Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America Annual Meeting Best Free Paper
- Orthopaedic Trauma Association Annual Meeting Best Poster Presentation
- University Founders Medal for First Honors, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- College of Science Valedictorian, University of Notre Dame
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, University of Notre Dame
- Appointed reviewer, The Journal of Hand Surgery (2018)
- Candidate member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (2018)
- Candidate member, American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2015)