Oksana Hamidi, D.O., is a faculty member in the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in pituitary, adrenal, and gonadal disorders.
After earning her medical degree at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, she completed a residency in internal medicine at Rush University Medical Center and John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County. She then received advanced training in endocrinology through a fellowship at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Dr. Hamidi is board certified in internal medicine. She is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Endocrine Society, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, and the Pituitary Society.
Her clinical practice and research focus on a multidisciplinary approach to patients with pituitary disorders such as pituitary tumors, hypophysitis, and hypopituitarism. Dr. Hamidi’s other areas of interest include adrenal disorders such as cortical and medullary adrenal tumors, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome, and adrenocortical carcinoma. Her current research projects focus on prolactin-secreting pituitary tumors, as well as cortical and medullary tumors of the adrenal glands. She aims to translate her work in these areas to high-quality, practice-based care and education.
Dr. Hamidi has delivered international and national presentations and published several academic peer-reviewed articles on the topic of neuroendocrine tumors.
- Medical School
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2012)
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County (2015), Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (2018), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Adrenal Tumor
- Pituitary Tumor
- In Reply-Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules.
- Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clin. Proc. 2018 Sep 93 9 1328-1329
- Commentary: Postmicturition syndrome: a neglected syndrome dangerous for the bladder and the heart.
- Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB J Am Soc Hypertens 2018 Jul
- Weight Changes After Thyroid Surgery for Patients with Benign Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer: Population-Based Study and Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Singh Ospina N, Castaneda-Guarderas A, Hamidi O, Ponce OJ, Zhen W, Prokop L, Montori VM, Brito JP Thyroid 2018 May 28 5 639-649
- Outcomes of Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules: A Mayo Clinic Case Series.
- Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clin. Proc. 2018 Mar
- Characterization and metabolic synthetic lethal testing in a new model of SDH-loss familial pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma.
- Smestad J, Hamidi O, Wang L, Holte MN, Khazal FA, Erber L, Chen Y, Maher LJ Oncotarget 2018 Jan 9 5 6109-6127
- Outcomes of patients with metastatic phaeochromocytoma and paraganglioma: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Hamidi O, Young WF, Gruber L, Smestad J, Yan Q, Ponce OJ, Prokop L, Murad MH, Bancos I Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf) 2017 Nov 87 5 440-450
- Malignant Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma: 272 Patients Over 55 Years.
- Hamidi O, Young WF, Iñiguez-Ariza NM, Kittah NE, Gruber L, Bancos C, Tamhane S, Bancos I J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2017 09 102 9 3296-3305
- An Interferon-Induced Digital Vasculitis-Like Syndrome: A Case Report.
- Hamidi O, Reiser J, Hasler S Am J Ther 2016 May-Jun 23 3 e920-5
- Testosterone gel improved sexual function, but not walk distance or fatigue, in older men with low testosterone.
- Hamidi O, Montori VM Ann. Intern. Med. 2016 05 164 10 JC56
Biology of Gender Identity and Gender Incongruence. In Transgender Medicine: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 1st ed.
Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB (2018).
Honors & Awards
- Focus on Fellows Forum Travel Award
American Diabetes Association (2017)
- Outstanding Abstract Award
Endocrine Society's 99th Annual Meeting and Expo, Orlando, FL (2017)
- Presidential Poster Competition
Endocrine Society (2017)
- Travel Grant
International Symposium on Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma (2017)
- Early Career Forum Travel Award
Endocrine Society (2016)
- Trainee Grant
American Thyroid Association; E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Conference, Denver, CO (2016)
- Women in Endocrinology (2018)
- Pituitary Society (2017)
- American Association of CLinical Endocrinologists (2015)
- Endocrine Society (2013)
- American Osteopathic Association (2008)