Oksana Hamidi, D.O., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Endocrinology. She specializes in pituitary, adrenal, and neuroendocrine disorders.
Dr. Hamidi holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from the University of Illinois-Chicago. She earned her medical education at the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine, She completed internal medicine residency training at Rush University Medical Center and John H. Stroger, Jr. Hospital of Cook County in Chicago, Illinois. She then completed advanced training through a fellowship in endocrinology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, diabetes, and metabolism, Dr. Hamidi joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Dr. Hamidi's clinical practice and research focus on a multidisciplinary approach to patients with pituitary, adrenal, and neuroendocrine disorders. Her current research projects focus on adrenal and pituitary tumors, Cushing syndrome, and pheochromocytoma. She also conducts clinical trials on Cushing syndrome. She aims to translate her work in these areas to high-quality, practice-based patient care and education.
Dr. Hamidi has delivered numerous international and national presentations and published several academic peer-reviewed articles on pituitary and adrenal disorders.
Dr. Hamidi is an active member of several professional organizations, including the Endocrine Society, the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology, and the Pituitary Society.
Outside of medicine, she enjoys spending time with her family, exercising, cooking, and hiking.
- Medical School
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine (2012)
- John H. Stroger Hospital of Cook County (2015), Internal Medicine
- Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science (2018), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Adrenal Cancer
- Adrenal Insufficiency
- Adrenal Tumor
- Pituitary Tumor
- Clinical course of adrenal myelolipoma: a long-term longitudinal follow-up study.
- Hamidi O, Raman R, Lazik N, Iniguez-Ariza N, McKenzie TJ, Lyden ML, Thompson GB, Dy BM, Young WF, Bancos I, Clin. Endocrinol. (Oxf) 2020 Apr
- Assessment of The Bethesda System for Reporting Thyroid Cytopathology.
- Sauter JL, Lehrke H, Zhang X, Al Badri OT, Rodriguez-Gutierrez R, Delivanis DA, Singh Ospina N, Donegan D, Hamidi O, Iñiguez-Ariza N, Sharma A, Kittah NEN, Tamhane SU, Hurtado Andrade MD, Kotwal A, Jenkins SM, Spears G, Rivera M, Dean DS, Henry MR, Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2019 09 152 4 502-511
- Transfeminine Hormone Therapy.
- Hamidi O, Davidge-Pitts CJ, Endocrinol. Metab. Clin. North Am. 2019 06 48 2 341-355
- Metastatic pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma: recent advances in prognosis and management.
- Hamidi O, Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes 2019 06 26 3 146-154
- Efficacy and Safety of Ablative Therapy in the Treatment of Patients with Metastatic Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma.
- Kohlenberg J, Welch B, Hamidi O, Callstrom M, Morris J, Sprung J, Bancos I, Young W Cancers (Basel) 2019 Feb 11 2
- Corticotropin hormone assay interference: A case series.
- Donegan DM, Algeciras-Schimnich A, Hamidi O, Young WF, Nippoldt T, Bancos I, Erickson D Clin. Biochem. 2019 Jan 63 143-147
- In Reply-Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules.
- Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clin. Proc. 2018 Sep 93 9 1328-1329
- Commentary: Postmicturition syndrome: a neglected syndrome dangerous for the bladder and the heart.
- Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB J Am Soc Hypertens 2018 Jul
- Weight Changes After Thyroid Surgery for Patients with Benign Thyroid Nodules and Thyroid Cancer: Population-Based Study and Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Singh Ospina N, Castaneda-Guarderas A, Hamidi O, Ponce OJ, Zhen W, Prokop L, Montori VM, Brito JP Thyroid 2018 May 28 5 639-649
- Outcomes of Radiofrequency Ablation Therapy for Large Benign Thyroid Nodules: A Mayo Clinic Case Series.
- Hamidi O, Callstrom MR, Lee RA, Dean D, Castro MR, Morris JC, Stan MN Mayo Clin. Proc. 2018 Mar
Biology of Gender Identity and Gender Incongruence. In Transgender Medicine: A Multidisciplinary Approach, 1st. ed.
Hamidi O, Nippoldt TB (2018). Humana Press
Advances in the Diagnosis and Medical Management of Cushing?s Syndrome. In Advances in Treatment and Management in Surgical Endocrinology
Delivanis DA, Sharma A, Hamidi O, Shah M, Bancos I. (2019). Philadelphia, PA, (pp. 151-174)., Edited by Dr. Alexander Shifrin. Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Focus on Fellows Forum Travel Award
American Diabetes Association (2017)
- Outstanding Abstract Award
Endocrine Society's 99th Annual Meeting and Expo, Orlando, FL (2017)
- Presidential Poster Competition
Endocrine Society (2017)
- Travel Grant
International Symposium on Pheochromocytoma and Paraganglioma (2017)
- Early Career Forum Travel Award
Endocrine Society (2016)
- Trainee Grant
American Thyroid Association; E. Chester Ridgway Trainee Conference, Denver, CO (2016)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (2015)
- Endocrine Society (2013)
- Pituitary Society (2017)