- Protein kinase inhibitor ? reciprocally regulates osteoblast and adipocyte differentiation by downregulating leukemia inhibitory factor.
- Chen X, Hausman BS, Luo G, Zhou G, Murakami S, Rubin J, Greenfield EM Stem Cells 2013 Dec 31 12 2789-99
- Stimulation of macrophage TNFalpha production by orthopaedic wear particles requires activation of the ERK1/2/Egr-1 and NF-kappaB pathways but is independent of p38 and JNK.
- Beidelschies MA, Huang H, McMullen MR, Smith MV, Islam AS, Goldberg VM, Chen X, Nagy LE, Greenfield EM J. Cell. Physiol. 2008 Dec 217 3 652-66
- Endogenous PKI gamma limits the duration of the anti-apoptotic effects of PTH and beta-adrenergic agonists in osteoblasts.
- Chen X, Song IH, Dennis JE, Greenfield EM J. Bone Miner. Res. 2007 May 22 5 656-64
- Lipopolysaccharide found in aseptic loosening of patients with inflammatory arthritis.
- Nalepka JL, Lee MJ, Kraay MJ, Marcus RE, Goldberg VM, Chen X, Greenfield EM Clin. Orthop. Relat. Res. 2006 Oct 451 229-35
- TNFalpha and PTH utilize distinct mechanisms to induce IL-6 and RANKL expression with markedly different kinetics.
- Dai JC, He P, Chen X, Greenfield EM Bone 2006 Apr 38 4 509-20
- Endogenous protein kinase inhibitor gamma terminates immediate-early gene expression induced by cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) signaling: termination depends on PKA inactivation rather than PKA export from the nucleus.
- Chen X, Dai JC, Orellana SA, Greenfield EM J. Biol. Chem. 2005 Jan 280 4 2700-7
- Protein kinase inhibitor and the anabolic effects of PTH.
- Chen X, Greenfield EM Ortho J CWRU 2005 2 279-94
- Review: Regulation of PKA signaling by PKI in osteoblast.
- Keenan E, Chen X, Greenfield EM Ortho J CWRU 2004 1 61-4
- Termination of immediate-early gene expression after stimulation by parathyroid hormone or isoproterenol.
- Chen X, Dai JC, Greenfield EM Am. J. Physiol., Cell Physiol. 2002 Nov 283 5 C1432-40
- Effect of ?-adrenergic receptor kinase 1 (?ARK1) on the very rapid phase homologous desensitization of PTH/PTHrP receptor in rat osteoblastic osteosarcoma cell, ROS17/2.8.
- Chen X, Nakata H, Baba H J Kobe Univ Sch Med 2001 62 1-10
Use of siRNA and antisense knockdown to study regulation of PKA by PKI.. In Handbook of Cell Signaling (Second Edition)
Greenfield EM & Chen X (2010). New York, NY, El Sevier