Originally from Iran, Dr. Chalian received his medical degree from Iran University of Medical Sciences in Tehran. He then received advanced training through a research fellowship at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland. He obtained radiology residency training at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center in Cleveland, and advanced training through a fellowship program in musculoskeletal radiology at University of Virginia Hospital in Charlottesville, where he also served as a clinical instructor of emergency radiology.
Dr. Chalian's research has resulted in more than 40 original articles in peer-reviewed publicaitons, as well as contributions to four scholarly books. He has also presented his findings at professional conferences throughout the United States and around the world.
Dr. Chalian serves on the editorial boards of the World Journal of Rheumatology and Advances in Bioscience and Clinical Medicine. He also works as a reviewer for several publications, including Academic Radiology, Skeletal Radiology, and the European Journal of Radiology.
He also is a member of several national and international professional societies, including the American Roentgen Ray Society, Radiological Society of North America, European Society of Radiology, American Society of Emergency Radiology, American College of Radiology, and the Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance.
- Medical School
- IRAN University of Medical Sciences & Health Services (2006)
- Research Fellowship
- Johns Hopkins School of Medicine (2012), Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Griffin Hospital (2013), Internal Medicine
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation (2017), Diagnostic Radiology
- University of Virginia School of Medicine (2018), Musculoskeletal Radiology
Honors & Awards
- Roentgen Resident/Fellow Research Award
Radiological Society of North America (2016)
- Second Place Trainee Prize
Association of University Radiologists (2012)
- First Place Trainee Prize
Association of University Radiologists (2011)
- Young Investigator Award
Society of Skeletal Radiology (2011)
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Society of Emergency Radiology
- European Society of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Computed Body Tomography and Magnetic Resonance