- Graduate School
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (2007), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Marriage and Family Therapy
- The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load.
- Priest JB, Woods SB, Maier CA, Parker EO, Benoit JA, Roush TR Soc Sci Med 2015 Oct 142 232-40
- Experiences of family therapists working with families in a transitional homeless community.
- Harris-McKoy DE, Woods SB, Brantley CW, Farineau HM J Marital Fam Ther 2015 Apr 41 2 192-204
- Predicting Improvement in Depression Across Therapies Using Indicators of Romantic Relationship Functioning: A Preliminary Investigation.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH Am J Fam Ther 2015 Jan 43 1 44-56
- "I'm so excited for you!": How an enthusiastic responding intervention enhances close relationships
- Woods SB, Lambert NM, Brown P, Fincham F, May R Journal of Social and Personal Relationships 2015 32 1 24-40
- Tell me where it hurts: A pilot study assessing mental and relational health in primary care using a biopsychosocial assessment intervention
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH The Family Journal 2015 23 2 109-119
- The role of close relationships in the mental and physical health of Latino Americans
- Priest JB, Woods SB Family Relations 2015 64 2 319-331
- Intimacy in the midst of caregiving: Examining relationship and sexual satisfaction of parents raising children with special needs
- Negash S, Nalbone D, Wetchler J, Woods SB, Fontaine K Journal of Family Psychotherapy 2015 26 3 190-209
- The biobehavioral family model: testing social support as an additional exogenous variable.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Roush T Fam Process 2014 Dec 53 4 672-85
- The biobehavioral family model as a framework for examining the connections between family relationships, mental, and physical health for adult primary care patients.
- Woods SB, Denton WH Fam Syst Health 2014 Jun 32 2 235-40
- Relational discord in urban primary care: prevalence rates and psychiatric comorbidities.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Fish JN, Rodriguez JE, Denton WH J Health Care Poor Underserved 2014 May 25 2 913-29
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)