- Graduate School
- University of Rochester (2006), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Marriage and Family Therapy
- PedHITSS: A Screening Tool to Detect Childhood Abuse in Clinical Settings.
- Shakil A, Day PG, Chu J, Woods SB, Bridges K Fam Med 2018 11 50 10 763-769
- In Our Lives and Under Our Skin: An Investigation of Specific Psychobiological Mediators Linking Family Relationships and Health Using the Biobehavioral Family Model.
- Priest JB, Roberson PNE, Woods SB Fam Process 2018 Mar
- How health behaviors link romantic relationship dysfunction and physical health across 20 years for middle-aged and older adults.
- Roberson PNE, Shorter RL, Woods S, Priest J Soc Sci Med 2018 Feb 201 18-26
- My family is making me sick - but, for both him and her?: examining the effect of gender on the association between close relationships and health
- Roberson PNE, Woods SB, Priest JB, Miller M Journal of Family Studies 2018
- Do the Constructs of the FACES IV Change Based on Definitions of "Family?" A Measurement Invariance Test.
- Priest JB, Parker EO, Woods SB J Marital Fam Ther 2017 Jul
- The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load.
- Priest JB, Woods SB, Maier CA, Parker EO, Benoit JA, Roush TR Soc Sci Med 2015 Oct 142 232-40
- Experiences of family therapists working with families in a transitional homeless community.
- Harris-McKoy DE, Woods SB, Brantley CW, Farineau HM J Marital Fam Ther 2015 Apr 41 2 192-204
- Predicting Improvement in Depression Across Therapies Using Indicators of Romantic Relationship Functioning: A Preliminary Investigation.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH Am J Fam Ther 2015 Jan 43 1 44-56
- "I'm so excited for you!": How an enthusiastic responding intervention enhances close relationships
- Woods SB, Lambert NM, Brown P, Fincham F, May R Journal of Social and Personal Relationships 2015 32 1 24-40
- Tell me where it hurts: A pilot study assessing mental and relational health in primary care using a biopsychosocial assessment intervention
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH The Family Journal 2015 23 2 109-119
Case Studies in Couple and Family Therapy: Through the Lens of Early Career Professionals
Connie Cornwell, Sarah Woods (Ed.) (2020). Routledge
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)