- Graduate School
- University of Rochester (2006), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Linking family and intimate partner relationships to chronic pain: An application of the biobehavioral family model.
- Signs TL, Woods SB, Fam Syst Health 2020 Jan
- Family versus intimate partners: Estimating who matters more for health in a 20-year longitudinal study.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Roberson PNE, J Fam Psychol 2019 Nov
- The Critical Need to Recognize That Families Matter for Adult Health: A Systematic Review of the Literature.
- Woods SB, Bridges K, Carpenter EN, Fam Process 2019 Nov
- Close relationships as a contributor to chronic pain pathogenesis: Predicting pain etiology and persistence.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Kuhn V, Signs T, Soc Sci Med 2019 Sep 237 112452
- Implementing integrated behavioral health: Testing associations between shared clinical time and space and provider referrals.
- Hiefner AR, Woods SB, Fam Syst Health 2019 Jun
- Goal setting in couple and family therapy
- Woods, S B Encyclopedia of couple and family therapy 2019
- Biopsychosocial theories
- Woods, SB APA handbooks in psychology series. APA handbook of contemporary family psychology: Vol. 1. Foundations, methods, and contemporary issues across the lifespan 2019 75-92
- In sickness and in health: the longitudinal associations between marital dissatisfaction, depression and spousal health
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Signs TL, Maier CA Journal of Family Therapy 2019 1 41
- PedHITSS: A Screening Tool to Detect Childhood Abuse in Clinical Settings.
- Shakil A, Day PG, Chu J, Woods SB, Bridges K Fam Med 2018 11 50 10 763-769
- In Our Lives and Under Our Skin: An Investigation of Specific Psychobiological Mediators Linking Family Relationships and Health Using the Biobehavioral Family Model.
- Priest JB, Roberson PNE, Woods SB Fam Process 2018 Mar
Case Studies in Couple and Family Therapy: Through the Lens of Early Career Professionals
Connie Cornwell, Sarah Woods (Ed.) (2020). Routledge
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)