- Graduate School
- Univ of Rochester Schl of Medi (2007), Medical Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Medical Family Therapy
- In sickness and in health: the longitudinal associations between marital dissatisfaction, depression and spousal health
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Signs TL, Maier CA Journal of Family Therapy 2019 1 41
- Goal setting in couple and family therapy
- Woods, S B Encyclopedia of couple and family therapy 2019
- Biopsychosocial theories
- Woods, SB APA handbooks in psychology series. APA handbook of contemporary family psychology: Vol. 1. Foundations, methods, and contemporary issues across the lifespan 2019 75-92
- In Our Lives and Under Our Skin: An Investigation of Specific Psychobiological Mediators Linking Family Relationships and Health Using the Biobehavioral Family Model.
- Priest JB, Roberson PNE, Woods SB Fam Process 2018 Mar
- How health behaviors link romantic relationship dysfunction and physical health across 20 years for middle-aged and older adults.
- Roberson PNE, Shorter RL, Woods S, Priest J Soc Sci Med 2018 Feb 201 18-26
- My family is making me sick - but, for both him and her?: examining the effect of gender on the association between close relationships and health
- Roberson PNE, Woods SB, Priest JB, Miller M Journal of Family Studies 2018
- Do the Constructs of the FACES IV Change Based on Definitions of "Family?" A Measurement Invariance Test.
- Priest JB, Parker EO, Woods SB J Marital Fam Ther 2017 Jul
- The Biobehavioral Family Model: Close relationships and allostatic load.
- Priest JB, Woods SB, Maier CA, Parker EO, Benoit JA, Roush TR Soc Sci Med 2015 Oct 142 232-40
- Experiences of family therapists working with families in a transitional homeless community.
- Harris-McKoy DE, Woods SB, Brantley CW, Farineau HM J Marital Fam Ther 2015 Apr 41 2 192-204
- Predicting Improvement in Depression Across Therapies Using Indicators of Romantic Relationship Functioning: A Preliminary Investigation.
- Woods SB, Priest JB, Denton WH Am J Fam Ther 2015 Jan 43 1 44-56
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)