- Graduate School
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (2007), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Graduate School
- Florida State University (2012), Marriage and Family Therapy
- Families and health
- Family-based interventions for primary care
- Integrated behavioral healthcare
- Psychophysiological stress mechanisms linking relationships and health
- Relationship Quality and Psychophysiological Distress for Underserved Breast Cancer Patients and Their Caregiver before Treatment.
- Roberson PNE, Cortez G, Freeman T, Lloyd J, Tasman J, Woods SB, Psychooncology 2022 Sep
- Relational and individual stress pathways linking discrimination and ageing cardiometabolic health.
- Woods SB, Strenth C, Day P, Tsewang T, Aparicio K, Ross K, Ventimiglia J, Jetpuri Z, Stress Health 2022 May
- Depressed mood and environmental mastery as potential pathways linking family relationship quality and disease self-management for African Americans with hypertension.
- Woods SB, Hiefner A, Roberson PNE, Zahra N, Arnold EM, Udezi V, Fam Process 2022 May e12789
- 'They should walk with you': the perspectives of African Americans living with hypertension and their family members on disease self-management.
- Woods SB, Hiefner AR, Udezi V, Slaughter G, Moore R, Arnold EM, Ethn Health 2022 Feb 1-26
- Couple and family interventions for depressive and bipolar disorders: Evidence base update (2010-2019).
- Wittenborn AK, Woods SB, Priest JB, Morgan PC, Tseng CF, Huerta P, Edwards C, J Marital Fam Ther 2021 Nov
- The Biobehavioral Family Model: An Evidence-Based Approach to Biopsychosocial Research, Residency Training, and Patient Care.
- Wood BL, Woods SB, Sengupta S, Nair T, Front Psychiatry 2021 12 725045
- Discrimination, family emotional climate, and African American health: An application of the BBFM.
- Priest JB, McNeil Smith S, Woods SB, Roberson PNE, J Fam Psychol 2020 Jan
- Linking family and intimate partner relationships to chronic pain: An application of the biobehavioral family model.
- Signs TL, Woods SB, Fam Syst Health 2020 Jan
- Family emotional climate and health: Testing conveyance of effects via psychobiological mediators
- Woods SB, Roberson PNE, Priest JB Personal Relationships 2020
- The development and validation of the FACES-IV-SF
- Priest JB, Parker EO, Hiefner A, Woods SB, Roberson PNE J Marital Fam Ther 2020
Case Studies in Couple and Family Therapy: Through the Lens of Early Career Professionals
Connie Cornwell, Sarah Woods (Ed.) (2020). Routledge
Honors & Awards
- Excellence in the Media
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Special Recognition Award
Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2017)
- Dissertation Award
American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (2013)