Pedro Fernandez, M.D., is Medical Director of the Consult-Liaison (CL) Psychiatry Service at Parkland Memorial Hospital, Co-Chief of Psychiatry at Parkland, and an Assistant Professor in the Department of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern. Dr. Fernandez completed his fellowship training at Yale, is board certified in CL psychiatry and Addiction Medicine, and is interested in behavior health integration and refugee care.
- Medical School
- Boston University School of Medicine (2009)
- Boston University Medical Center (2013), Psychiatry
- Yale New Haven Hospital (2014), Psychosomatic Medicine
- Implementation of Integrated Behavioral Health Care in a Large Medical Center: Benefits, Challenges, and Recommendations.
- Prom MC, Canelos V, Fernandez PJ, Gergen Barnett K, Gordon CM, Pace CA, Ng LC, J Behav Health Serv Res 2020 Nov
- Warm Handoffs and Attendance at Initial Integrated Behavioral Health Appointments.
- Pace CA, Gergen-Barnett K, Veidis A, D'Afflitti J, Worcester J, Fernandez P, Lasser KE, Ann Fam Med 2018 07 16 4 346-348
- Seeking Asylum: Challenges Faced by the LGB Community.
- Piwowarczyk L, Fernandez P, Sharma A, J Immigr Minor Health 2017 06 19 3 723-732
- The early-career consultation psychiatrist: the role in global settings.
- Jefee-Bahloul H, Fernandez P, Psychosomatics 2014 Nov-Dec 55 6 739-40
- Estrogen receptor beta protects against in vivo injury in RPE cells.
- Elliot SJ, Catanuto P, Espinosa-Heidmann DG, Fernandez P, Hernandez E, Saloupis P, Korach K, Karl M, Cousins SW, Exp. Eye Res. 2010 Jan 90 1 10-6
- Subtype specific estrogen receptor action protects against changes in MMP-2 activation in mouse retinal pigmented epithelial cells.
- Elliot S, Catanuto P, Fernandez P, Espinosa-Heidmann D, Karl M, Korach K, Cousins SW, Exp. Eye Res. 2008 Apr 86 4 653-60
- Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry (2012)
- American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training (2015)
- American Psychiatric Association (2005)