Dr. Wells is a faculty member in the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
A 1976 graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, he completed an internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital and UT Southwestern in 1980, where he served as Chief Resident during his last year. For the next 30+ years, he was in private practice and served as a volunteer and clinical faculty member in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland. In 2014, he joined the full-time faculty of the Department.
Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Wells' clinical responsibilities are in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where he mentors and counsels medical students, residents, and MFM fellows, and is a faculty attending physician in the Parkland clinics, labor and delivery, and operating room. He is also a contributing author to the textbook Williams Obstetrics.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1976)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1977), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1980), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Chronic Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Diabetes / Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
- HIV in Pregnancy
- Placenta Accreta / Placental Implantation Disorders
- Preeclampsia / Eclampsia
- Nifedipine for Acute Tocolysis of Preterm Labor: A Placebo-Controlled Randomized Trial.
- Hawkins JS, Wells CE, Casey BM, McIntire DD, Leveno KJ, Obstet Gynecol 2021 Jul 138 1 73-78
- Congenital Malformation Risk According to Hemoglobin A1c Values in a Contemporary Cohort with Pregestational Diabetes.
- Martin RB, Duryea EL, Ambia A, Ragsdale A, Mcintire D, Wells CE, Spong CY, Dashe JS, Nelson DB, Am J Perinatol 2021 Jun
- Predicting Placenta Accreta Spectrum: Validation of the Placenta Accreta Index.
- Happe SK, Yule CS, Spong CY, Wells CE, Dashe JS, Moschos E, Rac MWF, McIntire DD, Twickler DM, J Ultrasound Med 2020 Oct
- Prospective First-Trimester Ultrasound Imaging of Low Implantation and Placenta Accreta Spectrum.
- Happe SK, Rac MWF, Moschos E, Wells CE, Dashe JS, McIntire DD, Twickler DM, J Ultrasound Med 2020 May
- The impact of baseline proteinuria in pregnant women with pregestational diabetes mellitus.
- Ambia AM, Seasely AR, Macias DA, Nelson DB, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG, Am J Obstet Gynecol MFM 2020 Feb 2 1 100072
- Perinatal outcomes associated with abnormal cardiac remodeling in women with treated chronic hypertension.
- Ambia AM, Morgan JL, Wells CE, Roberts SW, Sanghavi M, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Mar
- Frequency and Consequences of Ventricular Hypertrophy in Pregnant Women with Treated Chronic Hypertension.
- Ambia AM, Morgan JL, Wilson KL, Roberts SW, Wells CE, Mcintire DD, Sanghavi M, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2017 Jun
- Cervical Length in Patients at Risk for Placenta Accreta.
- Rac MW, McIntire DD, Wells CE, Moschos E, Twickler DD J Ultrasound Med 2017 Mar
- Association of Baseline Proteinuria and Adverse Outcomes in Pregnant Women With Treated Chronic Hypertension.
- Morgan JL, Nelson DB, Roberts SW, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jul
- Blood Pressure Profiles Across Pregnancy in Women with Chronic Hypertension.
- Morgan JL, Nelson DB, Roberts SW, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Am J Perinatol 2016 Jun
Prior Cesarean Delivery, Uterine Rupture of the Unscarred Uterus, Hysterectomy Following Delivery. In Williams Manual of Obstetrics: Pregnancy Complications, 23rd edition, 2013
Kenneth J Leveno, James M Alexander, Steven L Bloom, Brian M Casey, Jodi S Dashe, Scott W Roberts, Jeanne S Sheffield. (2013). McGraw Hill Companies, Inc
Hypertensive Disorders. In Williams OBSTETRICS 25th Edition 2018
F. Gary Cunningham Kenneth J. Leveno Steven L. Bloom Jodi S. Dashe Barbara L. Hoffman Brian M. Casey Catherine Y. Spong (2018). New York, McGraw Hill Education
Honors & Awards
- APGO: Association Of Professors Of Gynecology And Obstetrics Teaching Award (2017) University of Texas Southwestern
- GHHS: Gold Humanism Honor Society Faculty Award (2017) University of Texas Southwestern
- National Faculty Teaching Award In Obstetrics & Gynecology (2014) University of Texas Southwestern
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Council of Resident Education In Obstetrics & Gynecology (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (1976) University of Texas Medical Branch
- Hambrock-McGanity Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology (1975) University of Texas Medical Branch
- Mu Delta Honorary Medical Service Society (1975) University of Texas Medical Branch
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association