Dr. Wells is a faculty member in the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine (MFM), Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern Medical Center.
A 1976 graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, he completed an internship and residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland Memorial Hospital and UT Southwestern in 1980, where he served as Chief Resident during his last year. For the next 30+ years, he was in private practice and served as a volunteer and clinical faculty member in obstetrics and gynecology at Parkland. In 2014, he joined the full-time faculty of the Department.
Board certified in obstetrics and gynecology, Dr. Wells' clinical responsibilities are in the Parkland Health and Hospital System where he mentors and counsels medical students, residents, and MFM fellows, and is a faculty attending physician in the Parkland clinics, labor and delivery, and operating room. He is also a contributing author to the textbook Williams Obstetrics.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1976)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1977), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1980), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Chronic Hypertension In Pregnancy
- Diabetes / Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy
- HIV in Pregnancy
- Placenta Accreta / Placental Implantation Disorders
- Perinatal outcomes associated with abnormal cardiac remodeling in women with treated chronic hypertension.
- Ambia AM, Morgan JL, Wells CE, Roberts SW, Sanghavi M, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2018 Mar
- Frequency and Consequences of Ventricular Hypertrophy in Pregnant Women with Treated Chronic Hypertension.
- Ambia AM, Morgan JL, Wilson KL, Roberts SW, Wells CE, Mcintire DD, Sanghavi M, Nelson DB, Cunningham FG Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2017 Jun
- Cervical Length in Patients at Risk for Placenta Accreta.
- Rac MW, McIntire DD, Wells CE, Moschos E, Twickler DD J Ultrasound Med 2017 Mar
- Association of Baseline Proteinuria and Adverse Outcomes in Pregnant Women With Treated Chronic Hypertension.
- Morgan JL, Nelson DB, Roberts SW, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Obstet Gynecol 2016 Jul
- Blood Pressure Profiles Across Pregnancy in Women with Chronic Hypertension.
- Morgan JL, Nelson DB, Roberts SW, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Cunningham FG Am J Perinatol 2016 Jun
- Sonographic Findings of Morbidly Adherent Placenta in the First Trimester.
- Rac MW, Moschos E, Wells CE, McIntire DD, Dashe JS, Twickler DM J Ultrasound Med 2015 Dec
- Placenta accreta and vaginal bleeding according to gestational age at delivery.
- Rac MW, Wells CE, Twickler DM, Moschos E, McIntire DD, Dashe JS Obstet Gynecol 2015 Apr 125 4 808-13
- Ultrasound predictors of placental invasion: the Placenta Accreta Index.
- Rac MW, Dashe JS, Wells CE, Moschos E, McIntire DD, Twickler DM Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2014 Oct
- Benefit of Inter-Pregnancy Hiv Viral Load Suppression on Subsequent Maternal and Infant Outcomes.
- Stewart RD, Wells CE, Roberts SW, Rogers VL, McElwee BS, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS Am. J. Obstet. Gynecol. 2014 Apr
- Biometric sonographic findings of abnormally adherent trophoblastic implantations on cesarean delivery scars.
- Moschos E, Wells CE, Twickler DM J Ultrasound Med 2014 Mar 33 3 475-81
Prior Cesarean Delivery, Uterine Rupture of the Unscarred Uterus, Hysterectomy Following Delivery. In Williams Manual of Obstetrics: Pregnancy Complications, 23rd edition, 2013
Kenneth J Leveno, James M Alexander, Steven L Bloom, Brian M Casey, Jodi S Dashe, Scott W Roberts, Jeanne S Sheffield. (2013). McGraw Hill Companies, Inc
Honors & Awards
- APGO: Association Of Professors Of Gynecology And Obstetrics Teaching Award (2017) University of Texas Southwestern
- GHHS: Gold Humanism Honor Society Faculty Award (2017) University of Texas Southwestern
- National Faculty Teaching Award In Obstetrics & Gynecology (2014) University of Texas Southwestern
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology / Council of Resident Education In Obstetrics & Gynecology (2014)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society (1976) University of Texas Medical Branch
- Hambrock-McGanity Award for Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology (1975) University of Texas Medical Branch
- Mu Delta Honorary Medical Service Society (1975) University of Texas Medical Branch
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American Institute of Ultrasound In Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Texas Medical Association