Jeffrey Chambliss, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics and the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in allergy and immunology with an interest in allergen immunotherapy, asthma management, hives (urticaria), and angioedema.
Dr. Chambliss earned his medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He completed a residency in pediatrics at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a fellowship in allergy and immunology at the University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Allergy and Immunology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2018.
Among his other roles at UT Southwestern, he serves as the Assistant Program Director of the Allergy and Immunology Fellowship. In addition, he is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics; the American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; the Texas Allergy, Asthma and Immunology Society; the Texas Medical Association; and the Dallas County Medical Society.
Dr. Chambliss’ research interests include immunotherapy and other emerging therapies for asthma. He has delivered many presentations and published numerous academic articles, reviews, and case reports related to his areas of expertise.
In 2022, Dr. Chambliss was named a Texas Super Doctors Rising Star by Texas Monthly.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2013)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2016), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Medical Branch Hospitals (2018), Allergy & Immunology
- Allergen immunotherapy
- Emerging therapies for asthma
- A Polymorphism in the Catalase Gene Promoter Confers Protection against Severe RSV Bronchiolitis.
- Chambliss JM, Ansar M, Kelley JP, Spratt H, Garofalo RP, Casola A, Viruses 2020 01 12 1
- IgE binding to linear epitopes of Ara h 2 in peanut allergic preschool children undergoing oral Immunotherapy.
- Dreskin SC, Germinaro M, Reinhold D, Chen X, Vickery BP, Kulis M, Burks AW, Negi SS, Braun W, Chambliss JM, Eglite S, McNulty CMG, Pediatr Allergy Immunol 2019 12 30 8 817-823
- Asthma versus chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, the Dutch versus British hypothesis, and role of interleukin-5.
- Chambliss JM, Sur S, Tripple JW Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 2018 Feb 18 1 26-31
- Utility and Comparative Efficacy of Recombinant Allergens Versus Allergen Extract.
- Patel HD, Chambliss JM, Gupta MR Curr Allergy Asthma Rep 2017 Aug 17 9 63
- Acute Hemorrhagic Edema of Infancy after Coronavirus Infection with Recurrent Rash.
- Chesser H, Chambliss JM, Zwemer E Case Rep Pediatr 2017 2017 5637503
- The latest on food allergy immunotherapy.
- Chambliss JM, Burks AW Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2016 Nov 117 5 476-478
- Pharmacologic options for the treatment and management of food allergy.
- Kobernick AK, Chambliss J, Burks AW Expert Rev Clin Pharmacol 2015 8 5 623-33
Chapter 15: Drug allergy testing. In Allergic and Immunological Diseases - A Practical Guide to the Evaluaton, Diagnosis and Management of Allergic and Immunologic Diseases 1st Ed
Chambliss JM, Lee MJ (2022). San Diego, CA, Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctor - Rising Stars
Texas Monthly (2022-2022)
- Outstanding Fellow Nominee
UT Medical Branch at Galveston (2018)
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Texas Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology Society
- Texas Medical Association