Howard Weiner, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Howard J. Weiner, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of the Division of Digestive and Liver Diseases.
Dr. Weiner earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He completed internal medicine residency training at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas. He then received advanced training through a fellowship in gastroenterology at the UT Health Science Center in Dallas.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in gastroenterology, Dr. Weiner Joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020. Prior to joining the faculty, he practiced at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas for 37 years.
Dr. Weiner's clinical interests include digestive diseases; esophageal reflux evaluation and management; motility disorders, including achalasia and gastroparesis; and nutritional disorders.
Named a D Magazine Best Doctor in 2019, he is a member of the American College of Gastroenterology, the American Medical Association, the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1977)
- University of Texas Medical Center at San Antonio (1978), General Surgery
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (1981), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1983), Gastroenterology
- GI Motility Disorders
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine
Best Physician (2019)
- Dallas County Medical Society
Project Access Specialty Physician of the year (2012)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2010)
- American Medical Association (1983)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1983)
- Texas Medical Association (1983)