Howard J. Weiner, M.D. is an Asistasnt Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in gastroenterology.
Dr. Weiner earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed a residency in internal medicine at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas and then received advanced training in gastroenterology through a fellowship at the UT Health Science Center at Dallas.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in both internal medicine and gastroenterology, Dr. Weiner Joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2020. Prior to joining the faculty, he practiced at Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas for 37 years.
Dr. Weiner's clinical intersts include digestive diseases; esophageal reflux evaluation and management; motility disorders, including achalasia and gastroparesis; and nutritional disorders.
Named a D Magazine Best Doctor in 2019, he is a member of the Amerian College of Gastroenterology, the American Medical Association, the American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society, the Texas Medical Association, and the Dallas County Medical Society.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (1977)
- University of Texas Medical Center at San Antonio (1978), General Surgery
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas (1981), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1983), Gastroenterology
Honors & Awards
- D Magazine
Best Physician (2019)
- Dallas County Medical Society
Project Access Specialty Physician of the year (2012)
- American Neurogastroenterology and Motility Society (2010)
- American Medical Association (1983)
- Dallas County Medical Society (1983)
- Texas Medical Association (1983)