Roger S. Blair M.D. is a Faculty Associate in the Department of Neurology at UTSouthwestern Medial Center who specializes in General Neurology.
He earneed his medical degree at the University of Pittsburgh. He interned at St. Francis General Hospital in Pittsburgh. He did one year of residency in Neurology at the University of Miami and completed an additional 2 years of residency in Neurology at the University of Pittsburgh.
Dr. Blair also holds a BA in Applied Science and a BS in Industrial Engineering from Lehigh University.
Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Neurology, he joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017. In addition, Dr. Blair has been certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology in Neurophysiology and was also certified by the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
Dr. Blair has practiced for forty seven years in Fort Worth Texas. He spent 2 years at Carswell AFB and one year as the Director of Neurology at John Peter Smith Hospital.
Dr. Blair was one of the founders of the first hospital pain management program in Fort Worth and was the founder of the Fort Worth Back Inistute.
Dr. Blair has mentored medical students from the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine since he gave the first lectures in neurology at TCOM in 1973. He now mentors medical students from UT Southwestern as well as TCOM. Two of his recent students are now residents in Neurology at UT Southwestern.
Dr. Blair was the Medical Director of the Stroke Program at THR Harris Hospital Fort Worth for more than 7 years where he helped Harris obtain the first Stroke Certification in Fort Worth and a subsequent renewal of that certification.
While practicing general neurology all his career, Dr. Blair has a special interest in Parkinsons and other movement disorders as well as stroke, trigeminal neuralgia, normal pressure hydrocephalus, and myofascial pain disorders.
- Medical School
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine (1969)
- St. Francis Medical Center (1970), Internal Medicine
- Jackson Memorial Hospital (1971), Neurology
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (1975), Neurology
- I am very interested in the benefits of Alphalipoic Acid for peripheral neuropathy, trigeminal neuralgia, and dementia.
- I am very interested in the benefits of McKenzie Exercises for headaches, dizziness, radicular pain, and disc disease.
- Pre-injury emotional trauma and chronic back pain. An unexpected finding.
- Blair JA, Blair RS, Rueckert P Spine 1994 May 19 10 1144-6; discussion 1146-7
Honors & Awards
- Nominated by TOPDOCTOR'S MAGAZINE 2021
TOP NEUROLOGIST in TEXAS (2021-2021)
- Awarded my Continental Who's Who
WHO'S WHO PINNACLE PROFESSIONAL MEMBER (2020-2021)
- EMERITUS with HONORS
THR Fort Worth Harris Hospital (2020-2021)
- TOP DOCTOR
TOP Doctor in the United States (2020-2020)
- 360 West
Top Doctor (2018-2018)
- Castle Connolly
TOP Doctor in the United States (2015-2015)
- U.S. New and World Report
TOP Doctor in the United States (2012-2012)
- THR Harris Fort Worth
Medical Director Stroke Steering Committee (2004-2011)
- American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- American Academy of Disability Evaluating Physicians
- Fort Worth Rehabilitation Hospital (Now HealthSouth Cityview)
Chief of Staff (1992-1993)
- Saint Josephs Hospital Fort Worth
Member Executive Committee (1986-1988)
- Huguley Memorial Hospital Fort Worth
Charter Member (1977-2020)
- Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis (2018-2020)
- Texas Neurologic Society (1990-2020)
- Tarrant County Medical Society (1975-2020)
- Texas Medical Association (1975-2020)
- American Academy of Neurology (1971-2020)