Ling Chu, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and a member of the Division of General Internal Medicine. She is also the Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer.
Originally from Hong Kong, Dr. Chu earned her bachelor's degree, medical degree, and completed internal medicine residency training at the University of Colorado in Aurora. She graduated medical school magna cum laude.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and the American Board of Preventive Medicine in clinical informatics, Dr. Chu joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
- Medical School
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (1997)
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (1998), Internal Medicine
- University of Colorado School of Medicine (2000), Internal Medicine
- Applied Medical Informatics
- SNOMED CT Concept Hierarchies for Computable Clinical Phenotypes from EHR Data: Comparison of Intensional vs. Extensional Value Sets
- Ling Chu, MD; Vaishnavi Kannan, MS; Mujeeb A Basit, MD, MMSc; Diane J Schaeflein, BS, MT(ASCP); Adolfo R Ortuzar, BS; Jimmie F Glorioso, MS: Joel R Buchanan, MD; DuWayne Willett, MD, MS JMIR 2019
- Count Me In: Using a Patient Portal to Minimize Implicit Bias in Clinical Research Recruitment; Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association
- . Kannan, K. Wilkinson, M. Varghese, S. Lynch-Medick, D. Willett, T. Bosler, Ling Chu, S. Gates, M.E.Holbein, M. Willett, S. Reimold, R. Toto JAMIA 2019 703-713
- SNOMED CT Concept Hierarchies for Sharing De?nitions of Clinical Conditions Using Electronic Health Record Data
- Willett DL, Kannan V, Chu L, Buchanan JR, Velasco FT, Clark JD, Fish JS, Ortuzar AR, Youngblood JE, Bhat DG, Basit MA Appl Clin Inform 2018 678-693
- American Medical Informatics Association (2016)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2017)
- Health Care Information and Management Systems Society (2018)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2017)
- Texas Medical Association (2017)