Originally from San Antonio, Dr. Rao holds a bachelor's degree in human biology with a concentration in genetics from the University of Texas at Austin. She earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio. She completed internal medicine residency training at Washington University in St. Louis.
Dr. Rao joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
Dr. Rao’s interests outside of medicine include her family, cooking, running, and traveling.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center San Antonio (2009)
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2010), Internal Medicine
- Washington University Barnes Jewish Hospital/ St. Louis Children's Hospital Consortium Program (2012), Internal Medicine
Honors & Awards
- Resident Ambulatory Clinic Award (for excellent primary care)
Washington University, St. Louis (2012)
- American College of Physicians (2009)
- Texas Medical Association (2017)