Hina Mehta, M.D.
Department Internal Medicine
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Hina Mehta, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern and a member of the Division of Hospital Medicine.
Originally from Monaca, Pennsylvania, Dr. Mehta holds a bachelor's degree in biochemistry from Hendrix College in Conway, Arkansas. She completed master's credits and a medical degree at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences in Little Rock. She completed internal medicine residency training at St. Louis University.
Dr. Mehta joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Mehta is the Co-Director of the Residency Essentials Course.
Her interests outside of medicine include her family, running, and the outdoors.
- Medical School
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine (2014)
- St Louis University School of Medicine (2017), Internal Medicine
- Hidden Risks of Blood Transfusions: A Teachable Moment.
- Mehta HN, Chi X, Buckhold FR JAMA Intern Med 2015 Sep 175 9 1445-6
- Abnormal post-translational and extracellular processing of brevican in plaque-bearing mice over-expressing APPsw.
- Ajmo JM, Bailey LA, Howell MD, Cortez LK, Pennypacker KR, Mehta HN, Morgan D, Gordon MN, Gottschall PE J. Neurochem. 2010 May 113 3 784-95
- Panel of synaptic protein ELISAs for evaluating neurological phenotype.
- Gottschall PE, Ajmo JM, Eakin AK, Howell MD, Mehta H, Bailey LA Exp Brain Res 2010 Apr 201 4 885-93