Firouzeh Arjmandi, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Breast Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include 3-D mammography and breast magnetic resonance imaging.
Dr. Arjmandi holds a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Southern Methodist University. She earned her medical degree at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio and completed her residency in diagnostic radiology at the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. She received advanced training in mammography and body imaging through a fellowship program at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017, Dr. Arjmandi spent several years in private practice.
Dr. Arjmandi's research interests include tomosynthesis, advanced breast imaging technologies including radioactive seed localization, and contrast mammography and machine learning/artificial intelligence.
She is an active member of several professional societies, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American College of Radiology, the Texas Medical Association, and the Society of Breast Imaging.
- Medical School
- UT Health Science Center at San Antonio (2010)
- Banner University Medical Center Phoenix (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- UT MD Anderson Cancer Center (2016), Diagnostic Radiology in Body & Breast Imaging
- American College of Radiology
- Radiological Society of North America
- Society of Breast Imaging
- Texas Medical Association