Samir Pandya, M.D., came to the Department of Surgery in 2017, where he now serves as an associate professor. He chairs the program evaluation committee for the pediatric surgery fellowship at UT Southwestern and is co-chair of the International Pediatric Endosurgical Group for the U.S region. Prior to coming to our campus, he served in many leadership roles, including as surgical director for the adolescent bariatric program at Boston Children’s Health Physicians, and as the director of newborn surgery at the Maria Fareri Children’s Hospital, both in New York state.
Dr. Pandya has authored numerous book chapters and articles on topics related to pediatric surgery. He earned his medical degree from Virginia Commonwealth University and performed a general surgery residency at New York Medical College. He then completed a fellowship in pediatric general surgery at the Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta.
- University of Miami (2000), Biomedical Engineering
- Medical School
- Virginia Commonwealth Uni (2004), Medicine
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Road Traffic Accidents and Disparities in Child Mortality.
- Mokdad AA, Wolf LL, Pandya S, Ryan M, Qureshi FG, Pediatrics 2020 11 146 5
- Gastric Pneumatosis in a Critically-Ill Pediatric Burn Patient: Case Report and Overview of Risk Factors, Diagnosis and Management.
- Bisgaard E, Hewgley WP, Gee KM, Pandya S, Akarichi C, Arnoldo B, Park C, J Burn Care Res 2020 Aug
- Timing and volume of crystalloid and blood products in pediatric trauma: An Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma multicenter prospective observational study.
- Polites SF, Moody S, Williams RF, Kayton ML, Alberto EC, Burd RS, Schroeppel TJ, Baerg JE, Munoz A, Rothstein WB, Boomer LA, Campion EM, Robinson C, Nygaard RM, Richardson CJ, Garcia DI, Streck CJ, Gaffley M, Petty JK, Greenwell C, Pandya S, Waters AM, Russell RT, Yorkgitis BK, Mull J, Pence J, Santore MT, MacArthur T, Klinkner DB, Safford SD, Trevilian T, Vogel AM, Cunningham M, Black C, Rea J, Spurrier RG, Jensen AR, Farr BJ, Mooney DP, Ketha B, Dassinger MS, Goldenberg-Sandau A, Roman JS, Jenkins TM, Falcone RA, J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2020 07 89 1 36-42
- International teleconsultation on conjoined twins leading to a successful separation: a case report.
- Fusaro MV, Becker C, Pandya S, Mcbride W, Alizadeh K, Iannotti V, Zelkovic P, Barst S, Tobias ME, Mohan A, Freda J, Gewitz M, Scurlock C J Telemed Telecare 2017 Jan 1357633X17715377
- Laparoscopic Surgery for Acute Appendicitis in Children With Cancer.
- Singer J, Stringel G, Ozkaynak MF, McBride W, Pandya S, Sandoval C JSLS 2015 Jul-Sep 19 3
- Laparoscopic-assisted management of traumatic abdominal wall hernias in children: case series and a review of the literature.
- Talutis SD, Muensterer OJ, Pandya S, McBride W, Stringel G J. Pediatr. Surg. 2015 Mar 50 3 456-61
- A meta-analysis of B-mode ultrasound, Doppler ultrasound, and computed tomography to diagnose pediatric ovarian torsion.
- Bronstein ME, Pandya S, Snyder CW, Shi Q, Muensterer OJ Eur J Pediatr Surg 2015 Feb 25 1 82-6
- Laparoscopy and complicated meckel diverticulum in children.
- Alemayehu H, Stringel G, Lo IJ, Golden J, Pandya S, McBride W, Muensterer O JSLS 2014 Jul-Sep 18 3
- Noniatrogenic neonatal gastric perforation: the role of interstitial cells of Cajal.
- Jactel SN, Abramowsky CR, Schniederjan M, Durham MM, Ricketts RR, Clifton MS, Langberg KM, Elawabdeh N, Pandya S, Talebagha S, Shehata BM Fetal Pediatr Pathol 2013 Dec 32 6 422-8
- Ultrasound-guided thoracoscopic dental extraction.
- Pandya SR, Ruiz R, Brudnicki A Am Surg 2013 Sep 79 9 891-2
Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Surgery. In Textbook of Gastrointestinal and Hepatobiliary Surgery
Pandya S and Muensterer O (2016). New Delhi, Jaypee Brothers
Honors & Awards
- Teaching and Mentorship Award
New York Medical College (2015)
- Patient Care Champion
Westchester Medical Center (2014)
- Patient Care Champion
Westchester Medical Center (2013)
- Top Doctor/Healthcare Profession, Hudson Valley Parent Magazine
- American Pediatric Surgery Association (2011)
- Southeastern Surgical Association (2011)
- Eastern Association for the Surgery of Trauma (2009)
- International Pediatric Endosurgery Group (IPEG) (2009)
- American College of Surgeons (2003)