- Medical School
- Shanxi Medical University (1986)
- Graduate School
- Beijing Medical University (1999), Nephrology
- East Carolina University (2017), Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2018), Genitourinary Pathology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Renal & Solid Organ Transplant Pathology
- prostate cancer, renal cell carcinoma, glomerulonephritis and transplant pathology
- Predicting Oncologic Outcomes in Small Renal Tumors.
- Kapur P, Zhong H, Araj E, Christie A, Cai Q, Kim D, Miyata J, Tcheuyap VT, Brandenburg O, Carrillo D, Pedrosa I, Brugarolas J, Cadeddu JA, Eur Urol Oncol 2022 Sep
- Sensitivity of multiparametric MRI and targeted biopsy for detection of adverse pathologies (Cribriform gleason pattern 4 and intraductal carcinoma): Correlation of detected and missed prostate cancer foci with whole mount histopathology.
- Cai Q, Costa DN, Metter CK, Goldberg K, Roehrborn CG, Cadeddu J, Pedrosa I, Meng X, Mostardeiro TR, Shah RB, Urol Oncol 2022 Aug
- De novo or recurrent glomerulonephritis and acute tubulointerstitial nephritis after COVID-19 vaccination: A report of six cases from a single center.
- Schaubschlager T, Rajora N, Diep S, Kirtek T, Cai Q, Hendricks AR, Shastri S, Zhou XJ, Saxena R, Clin Nephrol 2022 Feb
- Eosinophilic Vacuolated Tumor of the Kidney: A Review of Evolving Concepts in This Novel Subtype With Additional Insights From a Case With MTOR Mutation and Concomitant Chromosome 1 Loss.
- Kapur P, Gao M, Zhong H, Rakheja D, Cai Q, Pedrosa I, Margulis V, Xu L, Kinch L, Brugarolas J, Adv Anat Pathol 2021 Jul 28 4 251-257
- Gleason Grade Group Concordance between Preoperative Targeted Biopsy and Radical Prostatectomy Histopathologic Analysis: A Comparison Between In-Bore MRI-guided and MRI-Transrectal US Fusion Prostate Biopsies.
- Costa DN, Cai Q, Xi Y, Recchimuzzi DZ, Subramanian N, Bagrodia A, Rofsky NM, Roehrborn CG, Hornberger B, Shah RB, Goldberg K, Diaz de Leon A, Pedrosa I, Radiol Imaging Cancer 2021 03 3 2 e200123
- Diagnosis of "cribriform" prostatic adenocarcinoma: an interobserver reproducibility study among urologic pathologists with recommendations.
- Shah RB, Cai Q, Aron M, Berney DM, Cheville JC, Deng FM, Epstein J, Fine SW, Genega EM, Hirsch MS, Humphrey PA, Gordetsky J, Kristiansen G, Kunju LP, Magi-Galluzzi C, Gupta N, Netto GJ, Osunkoya AO, Robinson BD, Trpkov K, True LD, Troncoso P, Varma M, Wheeler T, Williamson SR, Wu A, Zhou M, Am J Cancer Res 2021 11 8 3990-4001
- Acute interstitial nephritis, a potential predictor of response to immune checkpoint inhibitors in renal cell carcinoma.
- Patel V, Elias R, Formella J, Schwartzman W, Christie A, Cai Q, Malladi V, Kapur P, Vazquez M, McKay R, Pedrosa I, Hannan R, Hammers H, Brugarolas J, J Immunother Cancer 2020 10 8 2
- Membranous nephropathy: A ten-year journey of discoveries.
- Cai Q, Hendricks AR, Semin Diagn Pathol 2020 May 37 3 116-120
- Upregulation of Endothelial HLA Class II is a Marker of Antibody-Mediated Rejection in Heart Allograft Biopsies.
- Cai Q, Moore SA, Hendricks AR, Torrealba JR, Transplant Proc 2020 May 52 4 1192-1197
- Ontological analyses reveal clinically-significant clear cell renal cell carcinoma subtypes with convergent evolutionary trajectories into an aggressive type.
- Cai Q, Christie A, Rajaram S, Zhou Q, Araj E, Chintalapati S, Cadeddu J, Margulis V, Pedrosa I, Rakheja D, McKay RM, Brugarolas J, Kapur P, EBioMedicine 2019 Dec
Cribriform Lesions of the Prostate Gland. In Surgical Pathology Clinics: Genitourinary Pathology
Qi Cai, Rajal B. Shah (2022). Philadelphia, PA, ELSEVIER
Honors & Awards
- APS Physiological Genomics
American Physiological Society (2006-2008)
- American Board of Pathology (2016)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology (2013)
- Chinese American Pathologists Association (2019)
- College of American Pathologists (2013)
- Genitourinary Pathology Society (2019)
- International Society of Urological Pathology (2017)
- Renal Pathology Society (2019)
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (2013)