Amit Agarwal, M.D., is an Associate Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern Medical Center and a member of its Neuroradiology Division. He provides clinical neuroradiology services at Zale Lipshy University Hospital, Williams P. Clements Jr. University Hospital, and Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Originally from India, he earned his medical degree at King George's Medical University in Lucknow, and performed his radiology residency at the University of Delhi. He then obtained advanced training through a fellowship program in neuroradiology at Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston.
Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2017, Dr. Agarwal served as an Associate Professor of Radiology at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center in Hershey, Pennsylvania, where he also held leadership positions in residency education and quality and safety.
His research interests include neurological disorders, brain aneurysms, and stroke. He has co-authored more than 25 peer-reviewed publications, and has presented his findings at scientific conferences and professional meetings throughout the country and around the world.
Dr. Agarwal is an active member of several national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, the American Society of Neuroradiology, the American Roentgen Ray Society, the American College of Radiologists, the American Society of Neuroradiology, and the American Association of Indian Radiologists.
- Medical School
- King George's Medical College, India (2001)
- King George's Medical College, India (2002), Rotating
- Delhi University/Maulana Azad Medical College, India (2005), Diagnostic Radiology
- Medical University of South Carolina (2009), Neuroradiology
Honors & Awards
- Anne G. Osborne Outreach Professor
American Society of Neuroradiology (2017)
- Magna Cum Laude Award
European Congress of Radiology (2016)
- Certificate of Merit
Radiological Society of North America (2012)
- Certificate of Merit
Radiological Society of North America (2011)
- First Place Poster
Pennsylvania Medical Society (2010)
- American Association of Indian Radiologists
- American College of Radiology
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- American Society of Neuroradiology
- Indian Radiologic and Imaging Association
- Radiological Society of North America