Kiran Khan, M.D., M.P.H., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center, and a member of its Nephrology Division. She specializes in nephrology and has a clinical interest in transplant nephrology at Parkland Memorial Hospital.
Dr. Khan earned her medical degree at The Aga Khan University Medical College in Karachi, and completed her residency in internal medicine at the UT Health Science Center at Houston. She then received advanced training in nephrology through a fellowship at UT Southwestern.
She also holds a master’s degree in public health from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine and Nephrology, Dr. Khan joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
She is the author of several research articles.
During her free time, she enjoys cooking, attending the theater, traveling, and watching professional soccer.
- Medical School
- Aga Khan University Medical College, Pakistan (2004)
- UT Health Science Center at Houston (2010), Internal Medicine
- Graduate School
- Gillings School of Public Health - University of North Carolina (2017)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Nephrology
- Neisseria mucosa Peritonitis in the Setting of a Migrated Intrauterine Device.
- Khan KN, Saxena R, Choti M, Ariyamuthu VK, Adv Perit Dial 2018 Nov 34 2018 47-49
- Recent medical graduates as facilitators in a PBL curriculum.
- Khan KN, Saeed SA, Frossard P, Med Educ 2006 Nov 40 11 1128
- A new targeting approach for breast cancer gene therapy using the heparanase promoter.
- Breidenbach M, Rein DT, Schöndorf T, Khan KN, Herrmann I, Schmidt T, Reynolds PN, Vlodavsky I, Haviv YS, Curiel DT, Cancer Lett 2006 Aug 240 1 114-22
- Students, stress and coping strategies: a case of Pakistani medical school.
- Shaikh BT, Kahloon A, Kazmi M, Khalid H, Nawaz K, Khan N, Khan S, Educ Health (Abingdon) 2004 Nov 17 3 346-53
- Stress management in medical students.
- Shaikh BT, Kahloon A, Kazmi M, Khalid H, Nawaz K, Khan NA, Khan S, J Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2004 May 14 5 306
- Oral Case Presentation Award (2018)