Rina Mauricio, M.D., is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She specializes in echocardiography, preventive cardiology, and women’s cardiovascular health.
Dr. Mauricio earned her medical degree at New York University School of Medicine, where she also completed a residency in internal medicine. She gained advanced training through fellowships in cardiology and cardiovascular imaging at UT Southwestern, where she served as chief fellow from 2019-2020.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in cardiovascular disease and the National Board of Echocardiology in echocardiography, she joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021.
Dr. Mauricio has published and presented her research widely, and she contributed a chapter to the textbook ASPC Manual of Preventive Cardiology.
- Medical School
- New York University School of Medicine (2014)
- New York University School of Medicine (2017), Internal Medicine
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Cardiology
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Cardiovascular Imaging
- Preventive Cardiology
- Women's Cardiac Health
- MitraClip: How Do We Reconcile the Inconsistent Findings of MITRA-FR and COAPT?
- Mauricio R, Kumbhani DJ, Curr Cardiol Rep 2019 11 21 12 150
- Sex differences in cardiac function, biomarkers and exercise performance in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: findings from the RELAX trial.
- Mauricio R, Patel KV, Agusala V, Singh K, Lewis A, Ayers C, Grodin JL, Berry JD, Pandey A, Eur. J. Heart Fail. 2019 Aug
- Identifying a low-flow phenotype in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a secondary analysis of the RELAX trial.
- Patel KV, Mauricio R, Grodin JL, Ayers C, Fonarow GC, Berry JD, Pandey A, ESC Heart Fail 2019 Apr
- Management and outcomes of acute myocardial infarction in patients with chronic kidney disease.
- Smilowitz NR, Gupta N, Guo Y, Mauricio R, Bangalore S, Int J Cardiol 2017 Jan 227 1-7
- Stress Cardiac MRI in Women With Myocardial Infarction and Nonobstructive Coronary Artery Disease.
- Mauricio R, Srichai MB, Axel L, Hochman JS, Reynolds HR, Clin Cardiol 2016 Oct 39 10 596-602
- Provoking conditions, management and outcomes of type 2 myocardial infarction and myocardial necrosis.
- Smilowitz NR, Weiss MC, Mauricio R, Mahajan AM, Dugan KE, Devanabanda A, Pulgarin C, Gianos E, Shah B, Sedlis SP, Radford M, Reynolds HR, Int J Cardiol 2016 Sep 218 196-201
- Complete Resolution of Tumor Burden of Primary Cardiac Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma.
- Mauricio R, Mgbako O, Buntaine A, Moreira A, Jung A, Case Rep Cardiol 2016 2016 2124975
- The neuroprotective factor Wld(s) fails to mitigate distal axonal and neuromuscular junction (NMJ) defects in mouse models of spinal muscular atrophy.
- Kariya S, Mauricio R, Dai Y, Monani UR, Neurosci Lett 2009 Jan 449 3 246-51
Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: From Global Risk Scoring to Risk Enhancing Factors. In ASPC Manual of Preventive Cardiology
Mauricio R, Khera A. (2021).