Yousef Arar M.D. is an Assistant Instructor in the Division of Cardiology within the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center. He specializes in Pediatric Interventional Cardiology.
Dr. Arar earned his medical degree and completed pediatric residency training at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas. He then underwent fellowship training in pediatric cardiology with additional subspecialty training in pediatric interventional cardiology at UT Southwestern/Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Cardiology, Dr. Arar joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 2021. He primarily works in the cardiac catheterization laboratory with a special interest in applying cross sectional imaging and radiation reduction techniques.
Dr. Arar’s research interests include fusion overlay applications, patent ductus arteriosus stenting, and radiation-free MRI-guided cardiac catheterization procedures.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2014)
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (2017), Pediatrics
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Pediatric Cardiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2021), Pediatric Interventional Cardiology
- Feasibility and safety of quantitative adenosine stress perfusion cardiac magnetic resonance imaging in pediatric heart transplant patients with and without coronary allograft vasculopathy.
- Duran SR, Huffaker T, Dixon B, Gooty V, Abou Zahr R, Arar Y, Greer JS, Butts RJ, Hussain MT, Pediatr Radiol 2021 Apr
- Lymphatic pathway evaluation in congenital heart disease using 3D whole-heart balanced steady state free precession and T2-weighted cardiovascular magnetic resonance.
- Gooty VD, Veeram Reddy SR, Greer JS, Blair Z, Zahr RA, Arar Y, Castellanos DA, Pimplawar S, Greil GF, Dillenbeck J, Hussain T, J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2021 Mar 23 1 16
- MRI for Guided Right and Left Heart Cardiac Catheterization: A Prospective Study in Congenital Heart Disease.
- Velasco Forte MN, Roujol S, Ruijsink B, Valverde I, Duong P, Byrne N, Krueger S, Weiss S, Arar Y, Reddy SRV, Schaeffter T, Hussain T, Razavi R, Pushparajah K, J Magn Reson Imaging 2020 Nov
- 3D advanced imaging overlay with rapid registration in CHD to reduce radiation and assist cardiac catheterisation interventions.
- Arar Y, Reddy SRV, Kim H, Dimas VV, Zellers TM, Abou Zahr R, Vamsee R, Greer JS, Tandon A, Pontiki A, Dillenbeck J, Zabala L, Greil G, Nugent AW, Hussain T, Cardiol Young 2020 May 30 5 656-662
- Invasive cardiovascular magnetic resonance (iCMR) for diagnostic right and left heart catheterization using an MR-conditional guidewire and passive visualization in congenital heart disease.
- Veeram Reddy SR, Arar Y, Zahr RA, Gooty V, Hernandez J, Potersnak A, Douglas P, Blair Z, Greer JS, Roujol S, Forte MNV, Greil G, Nugent AW, Hussain T, J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 2020 03 22 1 20
- Novel markers predict death and organ failure following hemorrhagic shock.
- Furmaga W, Cohn S, Prihoda TJ, Muir MT, Mikhailov V, McCarthy J, Arar Y, Clin Chim Acta 2015 Feb 440 87-92
- Natural history and clinical implications of nondepressed skull fracture in young children.
- Hassan SF, Cohn SM, Admire J, Nunez-Cantu O, Arar Y, Myers JG, Dent DL, Eastridge BJ, Cestero RF, Gunst M, Markowski H, Keric N, Liao L, Mueller DL, J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2014 Jul 77 1 166-9
Honors & Awards
- JCMR Best Manuscript 14th Gerald M. Pohost runner up award
- ISMRM (International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine) Summa Cum Laude Award
- Top Senior Fellow Project UTSW iCMR Fick versus Flow
- Best Poster Award CSI-Germany
- Chief Pediatric Cardiology Fellow, UTSW
- Program Development Award Nomination Finalist Hybrid MRI Catheterization Program, UTSW
- Young Investigators Award Finalist AEPC - Seville, Spain
- Top abstract finalist Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography
- Pediatric Research Day First place, UTHSCSA
- Gold Humanism Honors Award
- Gold Humanism Honors Award
- Association of Medical School Pediatric Department Chairs (AMSPDC) Regional Resident
- Best First Year Resident, UTHSCSA
- Best Teaching Resident, UTHSCSA
- Texas Pediatrics Jeopardy First place, Texas Pediatric society (TPS)
- Presidential Scholarship, UTHSCSA
- American Heart Association (AHA) (2017)
- Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) (2017)
- Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance (SCMR) (2017)
- Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT) (2017)