Dr. Kumar completed her medical training, in Family Medicine, here at UT Southwestern where she served as Chief Resident during her third year. She then went on to complete her fellowship in Hospice and Palliative Medicine at UT Health Science Center San Antonio. After her fellowship she joined the UT Southwestern Faculty in 2021 as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Internal Medicine and specializes in Palliative Care. She truly enjoys being part of an academic institution and has a passion for teaching communication skills and symptom management.
Dr. Kumar is a member of the American Academy of Family Medicine and the American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine.
Dr. Kumar's outside interests include exploring new restaurants, travelling, workout classes, and spending time with friends and family.
- Medical School
- American University of the Caribbean-School of Medicine (2016)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2019), Family Medicine
- Chief Resident
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Family Medicine
- UT Health Science Center San Antonio Joe and Teresa Lozano Long School of Medicine (2021), Palliative Care
- Discussion of Goals of care and Advance Care Planning
- Medical Communication
- Palliative Care
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (2019)
- American Academy of Family Medicine (2018)