Dr. Riggs grew up in Austin, Texas and attended McGovern Medical School at UTHealth in Houston, Texas. She received her training in Internal Medicine at UT Southwestern where she chaired the residency Nutrition Council. Dr. Riggs currently serves as a Chief Resident in the Internal Medicine Residency and brings an interest in preventive medicine and wellness. She is interested in inflammatory mediators of cardiovascular disease and biomarkers for cardiovascular risk assessment. She is applying for cardiology fellowship. Outside of medicine she enjoys spending time with family and friends, cycling, and yoga.
- Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disease
- Cardiometabolic Risk
- Inflammatory Mediators of Cardiovascular Disease
- Acute Exenatide Therapy Attenuates Postprandial Vasodilation in Humans with Prediabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial.
- Hamidi V, Riggs K, Zhu L, Bermudez Saint Andre K, Westby C, Coverdale S, Dursteler A, Wang H, Miller Iii C, Taegtmeyer H, Gutierrez AD, Metab Syndr Relat Disord 2020 Jun 18 5 225-233
- Impaired HDL Metabolism Links GlycA, A Novel Inflammatory Marker, with Incident Cardiovascular Events.
- Riggs KA, Joshi PH, Khera A, Singh K, Akinmolayemi O, Ayers CR, Rohatgi A, J Clin Med 2019 Dec 8 12
- HDL and Reverse Cholesterol Transport Biomarkers.
- Riggs KA, Rohatgi A, Methodist Debakey Cardiovasc J 2019 Jan-Mar 15 1 39-46
- The Use of SGLT-2 Inhibitors in Type 2 Diabetes and Heart Failure.
- Riggs K, Ali H, Taegtmeyer H, Gutierrez AD, Metab Syndr Relat Disord 2015 Sep 13 7 292-7
High-Density Lipoprotein and High-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol. In Biomarkers in Cardiovascular Disease
Riggs KA, Rohatgi, A (2019). Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Seldin Symposium Foster Fellow
UT Southwestern (2019)
- American College of Cardiology (2019)
- American Heart Association (2018)
- Texas Medical Association (2014)