Dr. Philip was originally born and raised in metro Detroit. He received his undergraduate degree in Molecular Biology, his MD, and public health training at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. He brings to UTSW a strong interest in medical education and studing how master clinicians think, and training others to do the same. He also has interests in aortic dissection and works with the IRAD database to elucidate presentation patterns and outcomes in acute aortic dissection patients. Outside of medicine, Dr. Philip enjoys trying new loose leaf teas, reading, watching docu-series and hiking.
- Aortic Dissection
- Medical Education
- Pacemaker Reuse
- More on the Role of USMLE Step 1 in Resident Selection.
- Concejo BA, Philip S, Brown TJ, Acad Med 2019 07 94 7 921-922
- Head and Neck Pain in Patients Presenting with Acute Aortic Dissection.
- Philip S, Missov E, Gilon D, Hutchison S, Khoynezhad A, Evangelista A, Bonaca M, Conklin L, Appoo J, Di Eusanio M, Braverman A, Forteza A, Montgomery D, Nienaber C, Isselbacher E, Eagle K, Aorta (Stamford) 2018 Dec 6 6 130-138
- Neuromuscular effects of G93A-SOD1 expression in zebrafish.
- Sakowski SA, Lunn JS, Busta AS, Oh SS, Zamora-Berridi G, Palmer M, Rosenberg AA, Philip SG, Dowling JJ, Feldman EL, Mol Neurodegener 2012 Aug 7 44
- Hyperinsulinemia induces insulin resistance in dorsal root ganglion neurons.
- Kim B, McLean LL, Philip SS, Feldman EL, Endocrinology 2011 Oct 152 10 3638-47