Dr. Fan was born in Fort Worth, Texas. He has lived in China, Pennsylvania, California, North Carolina and Tennessee. He returned to Texas for his Internal Medicine residency at UT Southwestern. He was excited to join the Hospital Medicine faculty and pursue his interests in respiratory illnesses, medical education and patient-centered care. Dr. Fan’s interests outside of medicine include swimming, indoor cycling, electronics and piano.
- Medical School
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (2017)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Internal Medicine
- Mathematical Modeling
- Respiratory Disease
- Nasopharyngeal Pneumococcal Density Is Associated With Viral Activity but Not With Use of Improved Stoves Among Young Andean Children.
- Howard LM, Fan R, Zhu Y, Griffin MR, Edwards KM, Hartinger S, Williams JV, Vidal JE, Klugman KP, Gil AI, Lanata CF, Grijalva CG, Open Forum Infect Dis 2017 4 3 ofx161
- Nasopharyngeal Pneumococcal Density and Evolution of Acute Respiratory Illnesses in Young Children, Peru, 2009-2011.
- Fan RR, Howard LM, Griffin MR, Edwards KM, Zhu Y, Williams JV, Vidal JE, Klugman KP, Gil AI, Lanata CF, Grijalva CG, Emerging Infect. Dis. 2016 11 22 11 1996-1999
- American Thoracic Society (2019)
- American College of Physicians (2017)
- American Medical Association (2017)