Dr. Bergstrom is originally from Portland, Oregon. After completing an undergraduate degree in Biochemistry from the University of Oregon Honors College, he received his initial medical training at Oregon Health and Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. Drawn to UTSW for the unique clinical and scientific environment, he completed an Internal Medicine Residency in 2020, and was selected as a TARDIS fellow. Dr. Bergstrom is currently working in the lab of Dr. Ezra Burstein where his interests include inflammatory mechanisms in the pathogenesis of colorectal cancer. Outside of work Dr. Bergstrom enjoys time with his wife, running, and participating in or watching sports.
- GI Malignancies
- Inflammatory and Immunological Basis for Tumorigenesis
- Tumor Microenvironment
- Diagnostic Imaging for Breast Pain: A Teachable Moment.
- Bergstrom CP, Keshvani N, Conzen SD, JAMA Intern Med 2020 Aug
- Thrombin Generation in a patient with Triple Positive Antiphospholipid Syndrome Treated with Three Different Anticoagulants.
- Bergstrom CP, Zia A, Sarode R, Nagalla S, Transfus. Apher. Sci. 2020 May 102815
- The association of lymphotoxin-beta receptor with the subsequent diagnosis of incident gastrointestinal cancer: results from the Dallas Heart Study.
- Bergstrom CP, Beg MS, Ayers C, Gupta A, Neeland IJ, J Gastrointest Oncol 2020 Feb 11 1 36-44
- Bleeding due to acquired dysfibrinogenemia as the initial presentation of multiple myeloma.
- Siddiq N, Bergstrom C, Anderson LD, Nagalla S, BMJ Case Rep 2019 Jul 12 7
- Primary neuroendocrine carcinoma of the breast.
- Bergstrom C, Porembka J, Fang Y, Sarode V, Syed S, Breast J 2019 05 25 3 519-520
- Management of Patients With Febrile Neutropenia: A Teachable Moment.
- Bergstrom C, Nagalla S, Gupta A JAMA Intern Med 2018 Feb
- Docetaxel and mitoxantrone before radical prostatectomy in men with high-risk prostate cancer: 10-year follow-up and immune correlates.
- Bergstrom CP, Ruffell B, Ho CM, Higano CS, Ellis WJ, Garzotto M, Beer TM, Graff JN, Anticancer Drugs 2017 01 28 1 120-126
- Discordant Mutations in Paired Primary and Metastatic Endometrial Adenocarcinomas Identified by Semiconductor-Based Sequencing for Rapid Cancer Genotyping.
- Bergstrom CP, Geest K, O'Gara R, Corless CL, Morgan TK, Reprod Sci 2016 11 23 11 1575-1579
- Biochemical stabilization of glucagon at alkaline pH.
- Caputo N, Jackson MA, Castle JR, El Youssef J, Bakhtiani PA, Bergstrom CP, Carroll JM, Breen ME, Leonard GL, David LL, Roberts CT, Ward WK, Diabetes Technol. Ther. 2014 Nov 16 11 747-58
- Mechanisms of glucagon degradation at alkaline pH.
- Caputo N, Castle JR, Bergstrom CP, Carroll JM, Bakhtiani PA, Jackson MA, Roberts CT, David LL, Ward WK, Peptides 2013 Jul 45 40-7
Honors & Awards
- Most Published Resident
UT Southwestern (2020)
- Medical Student Award for Research
Oregon Health and Science University (2017)
- McKee Scholar
Delta Sigma Phi (2015-2016)
- Schupple Scholar
Oregon Health and Science University (2015-2016)
- Dr. Mary Jane Stamm Scholar
Oregon Health and Science University (2014-2016)
- Summer Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute Scholar
Oregon Health and Science University (2014)
- Amerian Society of Hematology (2019)
- Hemostasis and Thrombosis Research Society (2019)
- American Medical Association (2014)