Dr. Hon is originally from the Midwest where she received her medical degree from Indiana University and first came to UTSW for residency in Internal Medicine. Here she developed a focus in end of life care, post-intensive care syndrome, and medical education. Her clinical practice emphasizes building relationships with her patients, and she currently specializes in hospital-based general medicine. Dr. Hon’s interests outside of medicine include horseback riding, cooking, and music.
- Medical School
- Indiana University School of Medicine (2017)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2020), Internal Medicine
- Medical Education
- Palliative Care
- Post-intensive Care Syndrome
- Reducing Hospitalizations: Institution of Outpatient Infusional EPOCH-Based Chemotherapy at a Safety Net Hospital.
- Keshvani N, Hon M, Gupta A, Brown TJ, Roy L, Marley E, Lindsey S, Johnson DH, Sadeghi N, Li HC, J Oncol Pract 2019 Jun JOP1800738
- Myopathy in a 61-year-old Hispanic man.
- Parizher G, Brown TJ, Hon M, Joerns EK, Zuo Y, BMJ Case Rep 2019 Apr 12 4
- Defective cancellous bone structure and abnormal response to PTH in cortical bone of mice lacking Cx43 cytoplasmic C-terminus domain.
- Pacheco-Costa R, Davis HM, Sorenson C, Hon MC, Hassan I, Reginato RD, Allen MR, Bellido T, Plotkin LI, Bone 2015 Dec 81 632-643