Dr. Ajufo was born in Nigeria, raised in the United Kingdom and received her medical degree from the University of Oxford. After completing two years of post-graduate training in the United Kingdom as part of the Foundation Programme, she moved to Philadelphia to join the Daniel Rader Lab at the University of Pennsylvania as a clinical research fellow. In this role, she became interested in the genetics of cardiovascular disease while working on projects that focused on understanding the genetics and biology of familial hypercholesterolemia. Drawn by the promise of rigorous clinical training and access to world-class physician scientists, she completed her internal medicine residency at the University of Texas Southwestern where she was selected to be a chief resident. Over the course of residency, her interests have evolved and now lie in understanding the interplay between genetic and non-genetic susceptibility to cardiovascular disease with work presented at several national conferences. She plans to specialize in Cardiovascular medicine.
- Genetics of Cardiovascular Disease
- Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Value of Coronary Artery Calcium Scanning in Association With the Net Benefit of Aspirin in Primary Prevention of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
- Ajufo E, Ayers CR, Vigen R, Joshi PH, Rohatgi A, de Lemos JA, Khera A, JAMA Cardiol 2020 Oct
- Contemporary Patterns of Medicare and Medicaid Utilization and Associated Spending on Sacubitril/Valsartan and Ivabradine in Heart Failure.
- Sumarsono A, Vaduganathan M, Ajufo E, Navar AM, Fonarow GC, Das SR, Pandey A, JAMA Cardiol 2019 Nov
- New Therapeutic Approaches for Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
- Ajufo E, Rader DJ, Annu. Rev. Med. 2018 01 69 113-131
- Improving the yield of genetic testing in familial hypercholesterolaemia.
- Ajufo E, Cuchel M, Eur. Heart J. 2017 02 38 8 574-576
- Recent Developments in Gene Therapy for Homozygous Familial Hypercholesterolemia.
- Ajufo E, Cuchel M, Curr Atheroscler Rep 2016 May 18 5 22
- Recent advances in the pharmacological management of hypercholesterolaemia.
- Ajufo E, Rader DJ, Lancet Diabetes Endocrinol 2016 05 4 5 436-46
Honors & Awards
- Seldin Award for Best Presentation
UT Southwestern Department of Internal Medicine Research Symposium (2018)
- Bradley Award for Clinical Research by a Fellow
University of Pennsylvania Department of Medicine Research Symposium (2017)