Since 2022, Bo-Jui Chang has been appointed as Assistant Professor in the Lyda Hill Department of Bioinformatics. He was a senior research scientist (2019-2022) and an assistant instructor (2017-2019) in Reto Fiolka’s lab. Before moving to UTSW, Bo-Jui was a postdoctoral researcher in Dr. Bi-Chang Chen’s lab (2016 - 2017) at Academia Sinica, Taiwan, in Dr. Ernst Stelzer’s lab (2011-2016) at Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany, and in Dr. Su-Yu Chiang’s lab (2007-2011) at National Synchrotron Radiation Research Center, Taiwan.
- Graduate School
- National Chiao Tung University (2006), Physics
- Combine super-resolution microscopy, particularly structured illumination microscopy, single molecule localization microscopy, and expansion microscopy with light-sheet microscopy.
- Design and oversee the implementation of cutting-edge light microscopy solutions in collaboration with the computational pipelines for image analysis and mechanistic modeling of cancer cell biological processes
- Establish imaging collaborations across campus that will lead to new biological insights.
- Intensively collaborate with Fiolka lab, Dean lab, and Danuser lab.
- Use cutting edge light-sheet microscope to perform 3D live imaging of single cancer cell or in the context of small organelles and spheroids.
- Use zebrafish as animal model to study cancer cell biological processes.
- Systematic and quantitative comparison of lattice and Gaussian light-sheets.
- Chang BJ, Dean KM, Fiolka R, Opt Express 2020 Aug 28 18 27052-27077
- Universal light-sheet generation with field synthesis.
- Chang BJ, Kittisopikul M, Dean KM, Roudot P, Welf ES, Fiolka R Nat. Methods 2019 Mar 16 3 235-238
- csiLSFM combines light-sheet fluorescence microscopy and coherent structured illumination for a lateral resolution below 100 nm.
- Chang BJ, Perez Meza VD, Stelzer EHK Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2017 May 114 19 4869-4874
- Erratum to: light sheet-based fluorescence microscopy (LSFM) for the quantitative imaging of cells and tissues.
- Pampaloni F, Chang BJ, Stelzer EH Cell Tissue Res. 2015 Oct 362 1 265
- Real-time multi-angle projection imaging of biological dynamics.
- Chang BJ, Manton JD, Sapoznik E, Pohlkamp T, Terrones TS, Welf ES, Murali VS, Roudot P, Hake K, Whitehead L, York AG, Dean KM, Fiolka R, Nat Methods 2021 Jun
- A versatile oblique plane microscope for large-scale and high-resolution imaging of subcellular dynamics.
- Sapoznik E, Chang BJ, Huh J, Ju RJ, Azarova EV, Pohlkamp T, Welf ES, Broadbent D, Carisey AF, Stehbens SJ, Lee KM, Marín A, Hanker AB, Schmidt JC, Arteaga CL, Yang B, Kobayashi Y, Tata PR, Kruithoff R, Doubrovinski K, Shepherd DP, Millett-Sikking A, York AG, Dean KM, Fiolka RP, Elife 2020 11 9
- Converting lateral scanning into axial focusing to speed up three-dimensional microscopy.
- Chakraborty T, Chen B, Daetwyler S, Chang BJ, Vanderpoorten O, Sapoznik E, Kaminski CF, Knowles TPJ, Dean KM, Fiolka R, Light Sci Appl 2020 9 165
- Light-sheet microscopy of cleared tissues with isotropic, subcellular resolution.
- Chakraborty T, Driscoll MK, Jeffery E, Murphy MM, Roudot P, Chang BJ, Vora S, Wong WM, Nielson CD, Zhang H, Zhemkov V, Hiremath C, De La Cruz ED, Yi Y, Bezprozvanny I, Zhao H, Tomer R, Heintzmann R, Meeks JP, Marciano DK, Morrison SJ, Danuser G, Dean KM, Fiolka R, Nat. Methods 2019 Nov 16 11 1109-1113
- An image-based assay to quantify changes in proliferation and viability upon drug treatment in 3D microenvironments.
- Murali VS, Chang BJ, Fiolka R, Danuser G, Cobanoglu MC, Welf ES, BMC Cancer 2019 May 19 1 502
- High-resolution light-scattering imaging with two-dimensional hexagonal illumination patterns: system implementation and image reconstruction formulations.
- Chen CW, Wang PH, Chou LJ, Lee YY, Chang BJ, Chiang SY Opt Express 2017 Sep 25 18 21652-21672
Honors & Awards
- Adjunct investigator, Cluster of excellent Frankfurt Macromolecular Complexes, Germany
- EMBO Short-term fellowship, European Molecular Biology Organization, Germany
- Postdoctoral Research Abroad Program, National Science Council, Taiwan
- Assistant professor (2022)
- Senior Research Scientist (2019-2022)
- Assistant Instructor (2017-2019)