Jenny K. Rodriguez Francis, M.D., M.P.H., joined the faculty in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2017, and works at Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She received a BA from the University of Dallas and attended UTMB Galveston for medical school. She trained in New York City in pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine; completed a fellowship in adolescent medicine at Mount Sinai’s Adolescent Health Center; obtained a MPH at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; and worked as an assistant professor of pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Francis adds an enthusiastic and educational approach to her clinical practice. She is board-certified in Adolescent Medicine and in Pediatrics. She is an NIH funded researcher for adolescent sexual and reproductive health topics. She is specifically interested in improving provider-parent-adolescent communication around long-acting reversible contraception.
- Medical School
- UT Medical Branch at Galveston (2008)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- Graduate School
- ICAHN School of Medicine/Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (2014), Public Health
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- Supporting parents and adolescents in the uptake of long acting reversible contraception
- An exploratory analysis of contraceptive method choice and symptoms of depression in adolescent females initiating prescription contraception.
- Francis J, Presser L, Malbon K, Braun-Courville D, Linares LO Contraception 2015 Apr 91 4 336-43
- Ambivalence about pregnancy and its association with symptoms of depression in adolescent females initiating contraception.
- Francis J, Malbon K, Braun-Courville D, Lourdes LO, Santelli J J Adolesc Health 2015 Jan 56 1 44-51
- Sexual minority youth.
- Steever J, Francis J, Gordon LP, Lee J Prim. Care 2014 Sep 41 3 651-69
Honors & Awards
- NIH K23 Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award
- CCRAC (Children's Clinical Research Advisory Committee) Award
- PDEMCHID (Program for the Development and Evaluation of Model Community Health Initiatives in Dallas) Award
- Provosts Grant for Junior Faculty Who Contribute to the Diversity Goals of the University
Columbia University (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2011-2019)
- Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine