Jenny K. Rodriguez Francis, M.D., M.P.H., joined the faculty in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2017, and works at Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She received a BA from the University of Dallas and attended UTMB Galveston for medical school. She trained in New York City in pediatrics at Albert Einstein College of Medicine; completed a fellowship in adolescent medicine at Mount Sinai’s Adolescent Health Center; obtained a MPH at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; and worked for three years as an assistant professor of pediatrics at Columbia University Medical Center in New York City. As a young faculty member, Dr. Francis adds an enthusiastic and educational approach to her clinical practice. She is board-certified in Adolescent Medicine and in Pediatrics. She researches adolescent sexual and reproductive health.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (2008)
- Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- Graduate School
- ICAHN School of Medicine/Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center (2014), Public Health
- Adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- Supporting parents and adolescents in the uptake of long acting reversible contraception
- Adolescent-Parent Dyadic Retention in an Interview Study and Changes in Willingness to Participate in a Hypothetical Microbicide Safety Study.
- Francis JKR, de Roche AM, Mauro C, Landers SE, Chang J, Catallozzi M, Breitkopf CR, Rosenthal SL J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2018 Jun
- Management of Adolescent-Parent Dyads' Discordance for Willingness to Participate in a Reproductive Health Clinical Trial.
- Francis JKR, Dapena Fraiz L, de Roche AM, Catallozzi M, Radecki Breitkopf C, Rosenthal SL J Empir Res Hum Res Ethics 2017 Dec 1556264617745409
- Long-Acting Reversible Contraception for Adolescents: A Review.
- Francis JKR, Gold MA JAMA Pediatr 2017 Jul 171 7 694-701
- Pregnant young women's attitudes about microbicides: the anticipated influence of the grandmother and father of the baby on microbicide use
- Francis JKR, Fraiz LD, Catallozzi M, deRoche AM, Mauro C, Rosenthal SL Sex Health 2017 05
- Adolescent and Parent Willingness to Participate in Microbicide Safety Studies.
- Catallozzi M, de Roche AM, Hu MC, Breitkopf CR, Chang J, Ipp LS, Francis JK, Rosenthal SL J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2017 Feb 30 1 82-87
- Qualitative Analysis of Sexually Experienced Female Adolescents: Attitudes about Vaginal Health.
- Francis JK, Fraiz LD, Catallozzi M, Rosenthal SL J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2016 Oct 29 5 496-500
- Parents' and Adolescents' Attitudes about Parental Involvement in Clinical Research.
- Rosenthal SL, de Roche AM, Catallozzi M, Breitkopf CR, Ipp LS, Chang J, Francis JK, Hu MC J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2016 Aug 29 4 372-7
- Adolescents and Their Parents Differ on Descriptions of a Reproductive Health Study.
- Francis JK, Hoffman LF, Hu MC, de Roche AM, Catallozzi M, Breitkopf CR, Rosenthal SL J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol 2016 Jun 29 3 240-5
- Inclusion of Adolescents in Clinical Trials for Sexually Transmitted Infections: A Review of Existing Registered Studies.
- Hoffman LF, Francis NK, Catallozzi M, Francis JK, Stanberry LR, Rosenthal SL J Adolesc Health 2016 May 58 5 576-8
- An exploratory analysis of contraceptive method choice and symptoms of depression in adolescent females initiating prescription contraception.
- Francis J, Presser L, Malbon K, Braun-Courville D, Linares LO Contraception 2015 Apr 91 4 336-43
Honors & Awards
- CCRAC (Children's Clinical Research Advisory Committee) Award
- PDEMCHID (Program for the Development and Evaluation of Model Community Health Initiatives in Dallas) Award
- Provosts Grant for Junior Faculty Who Contribute to the Diversity Goals of the University
Columbia University (2015)
- Society of Adolescent Health and Medicine