- Medical School
- Christian Medical College, India (1993)
- PGIMER, India (2000), General Surgery
- AIIMS, India (2004), Cardiac Surgery
- Sydney Children's Hospital, Australia (2006), Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Childrens Hospital at Westmead, Australia (2007), Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Mater Children's Private Brisbane, Australia (2011), Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Birminghan Children's Hospital, United Kingdom (2013), Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- University of Michigan Medical Center (2017), Pediatric Cardiac Surgery
- Other Post Graduate Training
- John Hopkins Carey Business School (2021), Healthcare Leadership
- Porcine small intestine submucosa cylinder valve for mitral and tricuspid valve replacement.
- Murala JSK, Sassalos P, Owens ST, Ohye RG J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2017 Apr
- Massive hematemesis in a child with undiagnosed aortic coarctation and mycotic aneurysm.
- Grant P, Murala JS, Kolli R, Numa A, Awad J, Dilley AV J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2006 Dec 132 6 1482-3
- Levosimendan for patients with impaired left ventricular function undergoing cardiac surgery.
- Tokuda Y, Grant PW, Wolfenden HD, Manganas C, Lyon WJ, Murala JS Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2006 Jun 5 3 322-6
- Anomalous left coronary artery arising from the left pulmonary artery, aortic coarctation, and a large ventricular septal defect.
- Murala JS, Cooper S, Duffy B, Matbah N, Argent E, Nunn G J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2006 Apr 131 4 911-2
- Anomalous origin of left coronary artery from pulmonary artery in adults.
- Murala JS, Sankar MN, Agarwal R, Golla PN, Nayar PG, Cherian KM Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann 2006 Feb 14 1 38-42
Honors & Awards
- Certificate of honor in General Surgery, ENT, Community medicine and Pathology
- Indian Association of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeons (2003)
- International Society For Heart and Lung Transplantation (2019)
- Pediatric Cardiac Society of India (2008)
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons (2016)
- World Society of Pediatric and Congenital Heart Surgery (2007)