Dr. Shahid Nadeem graduated from Allama Iqbal Medical College, Lahore, Pakistan. He did his pediatric residency at West Virginia University-Charleston/Charleston Area Medical Center. After his residency completion, he moved to Atlanta and completed the pediatric nephrology fellowship at Emory University. He then joined Louisiana State University Shreveport as an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics/Pediatric Nephrology. After practicing Pediatric Nephrology for about 3 years, he moved to Dallas and completed the Pediatric Emergency Medicine Fellowship at UT Southwestern Medical Center/Children’s Health. He is now an Assistant Professor of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and works at the emergency departments of Children’s Medical Center Dallas and Children’s Health Plano. He also works as a pediatric nephrologist at these campuses.
- Medical School
- Allama Iqbal Medical College, Pakistan (2004)
- West Virginia University/Charleston Area Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- Emory University School of Medicine (2014), Pediatric Nephrology
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School/Children's Medical Center of Dallas (2020), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Electrolyte Emergencies
- Urinary Tract Infections
- Ultrasound Evidence of Acute Appendicitis in a Patient with Hemolytic Uremic Syndrome
- Siddique R, Nadeem S, Menon N, Nesiama J Journal of Emergency Medicine Case Reports 2019 10 4 108-111
- Fever of Unknown Origin (FUO) in a pediatric kidney transplant recipient: Questions and Answers.
- Nadeem S, Sukumaran L, Siegel DA, Jernigan SM, Greenbaum LA, Pediatr. Nephrol. 2015 Dec 30 12 2109-13
- Renin Angiotensin System Blocker Fetopathy: A Midwest Pediatric Nephrology Consortium Report.
- Nadeem S, Hashmat S, Defreitas MJ, Westreich KD, Shatat IF, Selewski DT, Onder AM, Chiang M, Weaver DJ, Steinke J, Barcia J, Hernandez J, Hidalgo G, Ingraham SE, Abitbol CL, Pan C, Greenbaum LA, J. Pediatr. 2015 Oct 167 4 881-5
- Aliskiren, the first direct renin inhibitor: assessing a role in pediatric hypertension and kidney diseases.
- Nadeem S, Batisky DL, Pediatr. Nephrol. 2014 Nov 29 11 2105-11
Shigella. In Fleisher & Ludwig?s 5-Minute Pediatric Emergency Medicine Consult. 2nd Edition
Nadeem S, Yen K (2019 p.830). Wolters Kluwer
Honors & Awards
- Twelfth Man Award:
West Virginia University, Charleston, Pediatrics (2010)
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow (2014)