Dr Milburn is a graduate of UT Southwestern Medical School (1984). His residency was at North Carolina Memorial Hospital (1984 – 1986) and Baylor University Medical Center (1989-1991). Endocrinology fellowship was completed at UT Southwestern Medical Center (1992 -1995). After 20 yrs in private practice, he joined the Endocrinology Division at the Dallas VA Medical Center in 2017. Dr Milburn is board certifiled in Internal Medicine (1987) and Endocrinology (1995, 2005, 2015).
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Disorders
- Thyroid Disease and Thyroid Cancer
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin (exubera) compared with subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: results of a 6-month, randomized, comparative trial.
- Hollander PA, Blonde L, Rowe R, Mehta AE, Milburn JL, Hershon KS, Chiasson JL, Levin SR Diabetes Care 2004 Oct 27 10 2356-62
Honors & Awards
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (1984)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (1995)
- American Diabetes Association (1995)
- Endocrine Society (1995)