Originally from Memphis, Dr. Milburn holds a bachelor's degree in molecular biology from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, where he graduated summa cum laude. He earned his medical degree at UT Southwestern. He completed internal medicine residency training at North Carolina Memorial Hospital and Baylor University Medical Center. He completed advanced training through research fellowships in biochemistry and endocrinology at UT Southwestern.
Certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine in endocrinology, Dr. Milburn joined the UT Southwestern faculty in 1993 as an Assistant Instructor. He returned to the faculty in 2017 after working at Baylor Medical Center Irving. He is currently an endocrinologist at the North Texas VA Health Care System in Dallas.
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid Disorders
- Thyroid Disease and Thyroid Cancer
- Efficacy and safety of inhaled insulin (exubera) compared with subcutaneous insulin therapy in patients with type 2 diabetes: results of a 6-month, randomized, comparative trial.
- Hollander PA, Blonde L, Rowe R, Mehta AE, Milburn JL, Hershon KS, Chiasson JL, Levin SR Diabetes Care 2004 Oct 27 10 2356-62
Honors & Awards
- Endocrine Certification in Neck Ultrasound
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (1984)
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists (1995)
- American Diabetes Association (1995)
- Endocrine Society (1995)