Keri Drake, M.D.
You have reached the Academic Profile.
For more information on the doctor and patient care, please visit the clinical profile.View Clinical Profile
Dr. Keri Drake is a Pediatric Nephrologist at UT Southwestern and Children’s Medical Center Dallas. She graduated from the University of Wisconsin Medical School, completed her pediatric training at the University of Minnesota, and was a fellow in pediatric nephrology at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. During her fellowship, Dr. Drake participated in the Pediatric Scientist Development Program, which provided mentorship and grant support for her research in renal development. Her work was recognized with the Fellows Basic Science Research Award from the Society of Pediatric Research and the American Society for Pediatric Nephrology Fellow Research Award. Additionally, she received the Mallinkcrodt Fellowship Research Award, which provided grant support for an independent project examining proximal tubule regeneration. Dr. Drake is continuing her research in renal development at UT Southwestern, with the goal of improving the understanding and treatment of congenital kidney disease.
- Medical School
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health (2010)
- University of Minnesota/Masonic Children's Hospital (2013), Pediatrics
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center (2017), Pediatric Nephrology
- Genetics of kidney disease
- Renal development
- Disruption of Hox9,10,11 function results in cellular level lineage infidelity in the kidney.
- Drake KA, Adam M, Mahoney R, Potter SS Sci Rep 2018 Apr 8 1 6306
- Increased Susceptibility to Structural Acute Kidney Injury in a Mouse Model of Presymptomatic Cardiomyopathy.
- Pleasant L, Ma Q, Devarajan M, Parameswaran P, Drake K, Siroky BJ, Shay-Winkler K, Robbins J, Devarajan P Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2017 Jul ajprenal.00505.2016
- Hyponatremia, hypo-osmolality, and seizures in children early post-kidney transplant.
- Drake K, Nehus E, Goebel J Pediatr Transplant 2015 Nov 19 7 698-703
- Unusual presentations of BK virus infections in pediatric renal transplant recipients.
- Drake KA, Najera L, Reed RC, Verghese PS Pediatr Transplant 2013 Feb 17 1 E9-15
- Iron deficiency and renal development in the newborn rat.
- Drake KA, Sauerbry MJ, Blohowiak SE, Repyak KS, Kling PJ Pediatr. Res. 2009 Dec 66 6 619-24
Honors & Awards
- Early Career Research Award
Children's Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2018-2020)
- UTSW Kidney Cancer SPORE Career Enhancement Program Award
- Fellow Research Presentation Award
American Society for Pediatric Nephrology (2017)
- Society for Pediatric Research Fellows Basic Research Award
Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting, Baltimore, MD (2016)
- Arnold W. Strauss Fellow Award
- Pediatric Scientist Development Award
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology Travel Award
- Research Honors
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health (2010)
- Best Student Presentation Award
Midwest Society of Pediatric Research (2007)
- Shapiro Excellence in Student Research Award
- International Pediatric Nephrology Association (2017)
- American Society of Pediatric Nephrology (2012)